Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate my Lowes card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate my Lowes card

A few months ago I had a mini spree. I got 2 USAA visas SL of 7k and 8k, AMEX Hilton Honors SL 5k and a Lowes card SL $800. I tried for a CLI right away but turned down. Came home and saw they pulled TU which was 50 points lower than the other 2 CRs. So today my TU is up 39 pts to 682. Tonight I requested a CLI and got a message that they couldn't increase the account. 248k income. Not really impressed with Sync. I'll give it another month but if no CLI I'll close the account and go to Home Depot.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hate my Lowes card

Sorry to hear.  What was the reason for denying the CLI?  I suggest you give it a bit more time as the Home Depot card isn't known for it's big limits like Lowes if that is what you are yearning for.

Message 2 of 33
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Hmmm.. Not sure what they are not seeing. My Snycs CLI go up quicker and for more than any of my others. Commenity is the stingiest of my store cards.

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

how did u ask for the CLI.  Often times chat and luv button are a nogo.  But then u call credit solutions and that works.  I've had that happen that way for me a couple times.

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit the no-luv button

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hit the no-luv button

Then all is not lost yet.  Call credit solutions as the other poster suggested.  

Message 6 of 33
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Call Credit Solutions ask for $25k
877-379-8173
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, while your income is certainly substantial, your credit score is an area of opportunity with respect to what Synchrony likes to see.  If your TU is up 39 points it means you were 640ish when approved?  Tough to get a hefty SL or a recon CLI at that number, even though your income is plentiful.  Around 700 is where most that have gotten a Lowe's card have reported around $5k SL's with $15k CLI's instantly after approval... and if you're in the 730+ range you can double those numbers; $10k SL and $30k recon isn't uncommon. 

I suggest keeping the card and working on your scores and once you see your TU north of 700 go for a CLI, then when you get it around 730 do it again.  Sure it may take you 6 months to get there, but you'll still get to the limit you want with Lowe's faster than if you ditch it and go HD instead.

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

The luv button has never worked for me for any of my Sync cards. Use chat or call credit solutions, as previous posters have said. I used chat for mine. My CL went from $300 to $6000 in Feb. I got my card in Nov. Never used it until then.
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always have to call in for mine for the best results.
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.