Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate my Lowes card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hate my Lowes card

I'm just glad I found this forum. Life fell apart back in 08-09 and I just forgot about credit. In 2011 I got the secured visa from USAA and it's been perfect pay. End of December our landlord told us he was selling the house, that's why I looked at my credit. In March I was approved for a 460k VA mortgage then the UW realized we couldn't close because it wasn't 2 years since the title transfer from my foreclosure. The 2 year date is June 13th so we are almost there. Funny thing is the DOFD is 2009 so the foreclosure is scheduled to come off my CRs in December. It's been a long seven years but I'm just about there!

Message 21 of 33
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I get a very special level of joy from calling CS for CLI's, especially Lowes. I am happy to see you got a limit good enough to do what you need to do. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 22 of 33
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called Credit Solutions today and asked for $25k. After about 30 seconds he came back and said sorry I can not increase your limit to $25k. The best I can do is $12k. That will work. Just wanted enough to put new appliances on to get the 5% discount.

Congrats, one question though..... do you still hate your Lowes Card?? Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Synchrony does CLIs every 6 months, so in November call back and ask for $25k again and as long as you treat the card well for the next 6 months, and hopefully pay oof those appliances, you'll probably get the limit you ask for.

Message 24 of 33
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think Synchrony does CLIs every 6 months, so in November call back and ask for $25k again and as long as you treat the card well for the next 6 months, and hopefully pay oof those appliances, you'll probably get the limit you ask for.

Nah you can call in whenver. I have gotten one the very next day after getting another. it all depends on your score. Now, when you start getting the "You don't have enough experience at your current credit level", yeah, time to wait a bit. lol That is where I am now. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 25 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called Credit Solutions today and asked for $25k. After about 30 seconds he came back and said sorry I can not increase your limit to $25k. The best I can do is $12k. That will work. Just wanted enough to put new appliances on to get the 5% discount.

Congrats on your nice CLI!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!  Use it and in 6 months, ask for 35k when you next request a CLI.  It goes that high as I have mine at that limit.

Message 27 of 33
datrucking210
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

$12k is better than $800. Get your TU to at least 720 and in a couple months go for 30K. You will also get a letter in the mail as to why they couldn't approved the cli for the amount asked.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 28 of 33
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A few months ago I had a mini spree. I got 2 USAA visas SL of 7k and 8k, AMEX Hilton Honors SL 5k and a Lowes card SL $800. I tried for a CLI right away but turned down. Came home and saw they pulled TU which was 50 points lower than the other 2 CRs. So today my TU is up 39 pts to 682. Tonight I requested a CLI and got a message that they couldn't increase the account. 248k income. Not really impressed with Sync. I'll give it another month but if no CLI I'll close the account and go to Home Depot.

Are you at least calling credit solutions on the phone. I hope you are not trying this online or thru chat. even at a 620 it was 10k. so you should be golden. Call the right number

Message 29 of 33
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hit the no-luv button

Thats your problem right there.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.