Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 6 months of credit and my EXPERIAN score is 710

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 6 months of credit and my EXPERIAN score is 710

Will american express approve me if i apply for one of there card products? I got approved for Discover for 2,000 and FIA Amex for 1,000 they used Trans Union. Is Macy's hard to get or what other cards can I get
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have 6 months of credit and my EXPERIAN score is 710

Forget store cards with your fresh file. Try for the AMEX if you want but id take what you have now and make good use of it.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. Dont get me wrong, a store card or two that you will actually use frequently and get good rewards from will help in the long run, especially if you can get them without a nasty EX HP or any HP at all.

Just dont get caught up in SCTmania...You have a fresh and clean credit file, don't clutter it up with credit you have no use for.

Message 4 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No problem. Dont get me wrong, a store card or two that you will actually use frequently and get good rewards from will help in the long run, especially if you can get them without a nasty EX HP or any HP at all.

Just dont get caught up in SCTmania...You have a fresh and clean credit file, don't clutter it up with credit you have no use for.

+1

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

+2 maybe try a an amex revolver. Then freedom with your Light file. Then CSP in 6-12 months.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Forget store cards with your fresh file. Try for the AMEX if you want but id take what you have now and make good use of it.

+1

You have a good start, don't pick up store cards unless you really do shop there and they give good member discounts.  Save up your hard inquiries and use what you have now.  When you decide to app for more later, you will get higher starting limits.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.