Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have literally no idea what Im doing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have literally no idea what Im doing

Also, get a membership like myFICO or Experian Montioring and keep eye on your credit/scores 24/7 and you can learn from it there and remember, STOP applying. My advice, get a secured card at Discover and you'll be blessed on 8th month. Use it wisely and you will understand it from there.

Message 11 of 13
Penjamin_Fedington
Valued Member

I started with an Open Sky secured card.  They don't do a credit check so anyone can be approved.  The down-side of that card is the annual fee, which is why I cancelled it after getting some other cards.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

A single secured card is a great way to go.  $200-300 is a small price to pay to begin establishing a postive credit history.  Having no credit history at all is both good and bad.  The bad is what you are going through but with a little commitment and work you will be fine.  The good is you have no negative items (collections, delinquencies etc) to overcome which is a huge asset.  Save up a couple hundred dollars and then get a secured card.  Use it each month and pay it off in full.  As you start to get an established history carefully and methodically apply for unsecured cards.  I would suggest not applying for anything without checking with the fine folks here first.  This is a community that has helped countless folks, myself included, establish solid credit.  No need to go it alone when you have the expertise available here.

I would also take some time and read the rebuilding section.  You will learn a tremendous amount about credit.  It is far more than having a unsecured credit card.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.