cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have not applied for credit cards since last week!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I have not applied for credit cards since last week!

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So off subject CA, I thought you worked out all your EQ problem, last time I looked your EQ scores was around 690 now i see it at 628ish?  Baddie reshow or inquires? Smiley Tongue

HAHA, worked out... I filed a complaint with whatever that agency is called and it's not been escalated because Equifax responded there typical BS way and I believe the huge score drop came from Equifax being cute by updating and changing every so slightly the charge offs that I have been disputing for GE (ge considers them paid in full for less than full balance - NOT CHARGED OFF)

I unlocked the report for 2 days last week when I grabbed up my Neiman Marcus and Saks... I'll update my EQ report score again when I get the Saks denial... the super high score came from DCU but then they denied me so i don't know. otherwise it's in lock down and no one is seeing it... I hate them and if I had any real cash laying around I would battle them in court until the day I died... I really can't express on the board HOW far my hatred goes towards the company! they have been the thorn in my side since my BK and they always run 20-50+ points... at one point they were over 100 points different from my other credit reports.... ALWAYS ALWAYS the last to hold on to anything bad, the last to update payments on accounts... I mean I literally have accounts that still have not updated for 2-3 months, I have accoutns reporting opening last week that have been open for 2-3 months on my other credit reports, they removed almost ALL of my old accounts so my AA on EQ is like 2 years and it's almost 6 or something on EX, the list is endless and im only fighting them on the GE accounts and 1 Target account and the BK, I gave up on them actually reporting my current accounts correctly or on time.

the only thing they manage to update instantly is inquries and when i get to many they delete accounts to make room for inquiries!

Oh I hear you.. EQ is the the thorn in my side as well.. When I disputed stuff they wipped off my positive trade lines as well!  Needless to say I got them reinstanted, but a pain in the arse...   They were 75 points lower then my other scores last month, now they are only about 10 points lower then my other scores this month... What changed???  Nothing that I can see!!  They are a true mystery to me.

Message 11 of 24
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'm bouncing off the walls... I can't even think of anything somewhat useful right now to get really...

I debtated Chevron hoping for Visa but Chevron has come at least $.20 cents more than 76 Gas most times here in SoCal and Banana Republic Visa but I have a Gap that I'm AU that neither of us have used in like 3 years or more so that seems pointless.

Belks - i could use it occassionally but it's just a store card so I wish I would get pre-approved for it instead of flat out apply and I wish it had a visa option if I was going to get it.

I can't find any useful business cards either!

There's gotta be some random store card.   Do you have a Cost Plus World Market card yet?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'm bouncing off the walls... I can't even think of anything somewhat useful right now to get really...

I debtated Chevron hoping for Visa but Chevron has come at least $.20 cents more than 76 Gas most times here in SoCal and Banana Republic Visa but I have a Gap that I'm AU that neither of us have used in like 3 years or more so that seems pointless.

Belks - i could use it occassionally but it's just a store card so I wish I would get pre-approved for it instead of flat out apply and I wish it had a visa option if I was going to get it.

There's gotta be some random store card.   Do you have a Cost Plus World Market card yet?

Don't believe they are taking applications anymore

Message 13 of 24
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Don't believe they are taking applications anymore

Have you tried applying for the Nordstrom card?  or brooks brothers mastercard?  Good cards with HIGH CL's.

Message 14 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have Nordstrom just 2 months old (less!).
Have never ever shopped at Brooks Brothers before
Message 15 of 24
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

If you like subtle but cool logos and good quality I recommened them.

The polo shirts last a long time and they have good suits, underwear etc...

THey started me with a $10K limit. 

Message 16 of 24
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I just saw you had 65 cards.  I am glad I am no tthe only one addicted to this.  AFter getting so many cards and high open credit do you ever et the "Too much open credit" denial?  I got it once and my open credit is just over $100,000. I imagine with 65 cards you are way up there in terms of open credit.

Message 17 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

How about the Santander Bravo MC?

https://www.santanderbank.com/us/personal/credit-cards/bravo

Or... Popular Community Bank (aka Banco Popular)

https://www.popularcommunitybank.com/us/consumer-banking/credit-cards

Maybe Bank of Hawaii (by Barclays) - either the BoH Rewards AMEX or Hawaiian Airlines?

https://www.boh.com/personal/banking-products/credit-cards.asp

Or, by a long shot... perhaps the Hello Kitty Rewards Visa?

http://www.sanrio.com/hello-kitty-visa-reward-card/

Message 18 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I want the Santander but it seems to be uber prime unlike their auto loans!!
Message 19 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

And UMBis pretty conservative and I was declined for a card a few months back
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.