Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just apped for USAA Preferred WMC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just apped for USAA Preferred WMC

Being former military, the wife has been suggesting that I join USAA. I happend to see an add for USAA and clicked on it. It took me to a membership sign-up screen. I filled out the info and submitted it. Looks like I apped for the Preferred WMC. I got a screen that said my app was being reviewed and I would get a message in a couple of hours. So what are my odds? Current scores are in the sig.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: I just apped for USAA Preferred WMC

If your EQ is accurate I'm surprised you didn't get instant approval. I would say your odds are pretty good, but I've never seen a reviewed USAA product, only approved, denied or counter offered secured. Good luck! 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Being former military, the wife has been suggesting that I join USAA. I happend to see an add for USAA and clicked on it. It took me to a membership sign-up screen. I filled out the info and submitted it. Looks like I apped for the Preferred WMC. I got a screen that said my app was being reviewed and I would get a message in a couple of hours. So what are my odds? Current scores are in the sig.

Welcome to the USAA family.  I got my Platinum Visa with lower scores, but had received a preapproval from them.  They pull EQ so your scores look good.  Good profile and you have at least one $5K bank card.  .Can't see them turning you down.  Now if I remember correctly, I believe everything done within 30 days of initial hard pull counts as one.  Keep us posted on your results.  I'm former Army.  What about you?

Message 3 of 29
msbia
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the USAA family.  I got my Platinum Visa with lower scores, but had received a preapproval from them.  They pull EQ so your scores look good.  Good profile and you have at least one $5K bank card.  .Can't see them turning you down.  Now if I remember correctly, I believe everything done within 30 days of initial hard pull counts as one.  Keep us posted on your results.  I'm former Army.  What about you?

I do not believe this is correct. Currently I have two USAA credit cards, pared down from four; each was a HP for approval. I've had two CLI and only the ones I submitted through the app were a single pull. That was in April of this year. 

Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Former Navy myself, '82-'91. The Venture is a new account that hasn't reported yet. Lowes has reported though, but it's just a store card. I didn't really intend to apply. The wife has been hounding me about just joining and I saw a USAA logo on a forum I visit and clicked on it. One of those "Hey, USAA, that's who the wife wants me to join." things. Appearantly, it was a WMC card ad LOL. I didn't pay any attention, just saw the logo and clicked on it. I thought I was filling out a member app until it mentioned a credit card app at the end. I figured, what the heck, in for a penny, in for a pound. At least I wasn't trying to get another card, so if it's denied, I won't feel so bad.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:

If your EQ is accurate I'm surprised you didn't get instant approval. I would say your odds are pretty good, but I've never seen a reviewed USAA product, only approved, denied or counter offered secured. Good luck! 

EQ is accurate as of this morning MyFico 750.

Message 6 of 29
msbia
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@msbia wrote:

EQ is accurate as of this morning MyFico 750.

I will look for this post in the approvals section tomorrow then. Smiley Wink 

Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, now my hopes are up and I am officially sweating it out. I just finished an impromtu app spree that netted Lowes, Discover, Chase Freedom, and BCE, added to the Venture card from 3 weeks ago. Only Lowes is reporting so far.

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Former Navy myself, '82-'91. The Venture is a new account that hasn't reported yet. Lowes has reported though, but it's just a store card. I didn't really intend to apply. The wife has been hounding me about just joining and I saw a USAA logo on a forum I visit and clicked on it. One of those "Hey, USAA, that's who the wife wants me to join." things. Appearantly, it was a WMC card ad LOL. I didn't pay any attention, just saw the logo and clicked on it. I thought I was filling out a member app until it mentioned a credit card app at the end. I figured, what the heck, in for a penny, in for a pound. At least I wasn't trying to get another card, so if it's denied, I won't feel so bad.

You might check with some of the members of the community more knowledgeable about joining NFCU.  We had a discussion about a month ago about military affiliation and eligibility.  My service didn't fit under eligibility to join, but not sure about yours.  They offer great products which you could benefit from.  Plan to join PENFED when I have less Inqs.  Only thing that bothers me about USAA is hard pull on CLIs.  Have to wait on that, but otherwise like it.  I was in 83-86.  If I knew now what I knew then, would have done the 20.  

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You might check with some of the members of the community more knowledgeable about joining NFCU.  We had a discussion about a month ago about military affiliation and eligibility.  My service didn't fit under eligibility to join, but not sure about yours.  They offer great products which you could benefit from.  Plan to join PENFED when I have less Inqs.  Only thing that bothers me about USAA is hard pull on CLIs.  Have to wait on that, but otherwise like it.  I was in 83-86.  If I knew now what I knew then, would have done the 20.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know what you mean there. I was in for the long haul, but the Ex-wife wasn't. I somehow got custody of our 3 children in the divorce. They wouldn't fit in a seabag, so I had to get out to raise them myself. Fortunately, I met a great woman who took them as her own. Been with this one for 25 years now. I was half way to retirement, but the kids came first. I regret not getting the retirement, but I don't regret what I did by giving it up. 

Believe it or not, I'm not elegible for NFCU. I'm a combat veteran and have the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal to prove it. But even that doesn't qualify me anymore. I used to belong to NFCU back in the '80s, and even financed a car through them. Funny how those who can use a distant relative to join but a true vet cannot.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.