cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m SO TEMPTED (Guess SL before I Apply!!!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m SO TEMPTED (Guess SL before I Apply!!!)

Citi has been throwing itself at me with prequals at the lowest APR (currently 13.99%) for MONTHS now for the DC. I so badly want to apply, but I'm telling myself I don't need it since I have the AmEx CM which is good enough. It's driving me nuts. 

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: I’m SO TEMPTED

2%>1.5% 😉 No AF, good website, instantanious payment posting. It's overall a great card. I've been super happy with everything about them other than no CLI so far, but that's more so on me vs. them. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

2%>1.5% 😉 No AF, good website, instantanious payment posting. It's overall a great card. I've been super happy with everything about them other than no CLI so far, but that's more so on me vs. them. 

You sneaky instigator! I just know I'd get tossed a low limit, probably $500. Low income ($17,000-20,000) and only 2 years credit history. AAoA is 1.2 years. My newest account was 7 months ago. All of this is a good way to get a low SL. But I am like a child, I want it and I want it now! Lol 

Message 3 of 53
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Why just have one, when you can have twoSmiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 53
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

You sneaky instigator! I just know I'd get tossed a low limit, probably $500. Low income ($17,000-20,000) and only 2 years credit history. AAoA is 1.2 years. My newest account was 7 months ago. All of this is a good way to get a low SL. But I am like a child, I want it and I want it now! Lol 

Would you like the link to the apply page?

Message 5 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want it, you should get it. Good luck.

Message 6 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Would you like the link to the apply page?

Gahhh! Okay, maybe.....but we should make a game out of it. If X number of members say YES, I'll apply, if enough say NO then I won't. Someone needs to come up with the guidelines! Lol 

Message 7 of 53
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

I apped for mine when I was more mid-rebuild and my approval score was I believe 664 EQ. I've applied for CLIs every month with no luck, but 2 weeks will be my 6 month mark and I'm more hopeful this time for an increase as my scores are up significantly since approval. It would get a lot more use as a general spend card if it had a higher limit. A lot of the misc. purchases I'd like to use it for would max the card out and I don't want to spook Citi. I really do love everything else about the card though, and fully intend to really throw a lot of spend on it once I'm able to get a little more breathing room. Also for a DP, I was approved at 1k and they offered me the highest APR possible at the time. They relentlessly sent me mailers a couple times a week until I gave in. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a fellow low income earner in the same range, yes. 

I applied for Rewards+ in September when I was at 17/24 and was approved for $1900. I have a BK that was 9 years old and my scores were around 710-720. AAoA was around 2 1/2 years. I had 5 new accounts in the last 6 months. Far from a favorable profile by Citi standards. 

Message 9 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

I apped for mine when I was more mid-rebuild and my approval score was I believe 664 EQ. I've applied for CLIs every month with no luck, but 2 weeks will be my 6 month mark and I'm more hopeful this time for an increase as my scores are up significantly since approval. It would get a lot more use as a general spend card if it had a higher limit. A lot of the misc. purchases I'd like to use it for would max the card out and I don't want to spook Citi. I really do love everything else about the card though, and fully intend to really throw a lot of spend on it once I'm able to get a little more breathing room. Also for a DP, I was approved at 1k and they offered me the highest APR possible at the time. They relentlessly sent me mailers a couple times a week until I gave in. 

That definitely boosts my confidence! I know what you mean about breathing room. My BofA Cash Rewards has a $1100 limit, and it's the card I use by far the most. I run all grocery spend and online purchases through it for that sweet 3% cash back, but it gets past 50% utilization very fast. Usually I let it report high, but I do an extra payment some months so my other creditors see I'm not just letting a balance hang out on it for months. It's my lowest limit, and it's the card I use the most. But I opened it right before BofA's new 12 months until first CLI rule came out, so I guess I'm waiting until fall. I don't know why they gave me such a low limit honestly, they were sending me prequal letters in the mail with fixed APRs and everything. 

Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.