Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm being stalked again... this time by QS1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm being stalked again... this time by QS1

CK is relentless now with QS1 popping up everytime I log in. I know everyone says its magic fairy dust with the promoted cards but I think there's something to it. The last 2 times this has happened its been instant approvals. Now that I just jinxed myself I will continue gardening... again. Smiley Very Happy

I think I have been permanently traumatized from the last triple HP beatdown from the Cap1 Platinum. Need some Care Credit to get me well again. Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: I'm being stalked again... this time by QS1

@Anonymous wrote:

CK is relentless now with QS1 popping up everytime I log in. I know everyone says its magic fairy dust with the promoted cards but I think there's something to it. The last 2 times this has happened its been instant approvals. Now that I just jinxed myself I will continue gardening... again. Smiley Very Happy

I think I have been permanently traumatized from the last triple HP beatdown from the Cap1 Platinum. Need some Care Credit to get me well again. Smiley LOL

You'll survive, I have (3) triple beat downs trauma's. I finally just said NO to Cap1 ..

then I end up with a Walmart Conversion.

Message 2 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You're not being stalked.
QS1 suggestion is fairly appropriate given your current stage in credit building/rebuild
QS1 is a decent card if no other options are present, however waiting till something better comes along is a good option
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well... quick update. After some poking around I remembered Cap1 has that CC upgrade link. Checked for any PC offers and low and behold... Platinum >>> QS. Done! Smiley Happy No triple HP beatdowns... For now... Smiley LOL 

Side note... My TU Fico08 finally unbroke itself for a 70+ boost Smiley Surprised Was giving me anxiety for not budging for so long with other scores moving northbound.

QS1 still on radar for easy prime TL addition to the stable. Gardening till 2020 for a decent SL.

Message 4 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats on the upgrade. And yea, I've noticed TU is suuuuper slow to update anything. Guess I never noticed before as I didn't have credit problems last time I was here. Smiley Embarassed

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9

Thanks. looks like youre making some decent headway so far. One huge benefit is you have the senior level knowledge to get it done with very few missteps along the way. Smiley Wink Worst part is the guessing as to outcomes along the build path.

Message 6 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well... quick update. After some poking around I remembered Cap1 has that CC upgrade link. Checked for any PC offers and low and behold... Platinum >>> QS. Done! Smiley Happy No triple HP beatdowns... For now... Smiley LOL 

Side note... My TU Fico08 finally unbroke itself for a 70+ boost Smiley Surprised Was giving me anxiety for not budging for so long with other scores moving northbound.

QS1 still on radar for easy prime TL addition to the stable. Gardening till 2020 for a decent SL.

@Anonymous, CongratulationsSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations and thank you for inspiring me.

I've always checked regularly for upgrade offers but none showed up. I was approved for a Savor One last month with $500, so clearly I was never going to use my $300 Platinum again without a product change. I hunted around for the link to the upgrade offer and found one in an article. That one allowed me to upgrade to a QuickSilver. I still won't use it, as it's still lower cashback and CL than my Paypal, but at least it won't offend the socks in my drawer. Smiley Wink 

I'll share one of my secrets in return. When I first got the Platinum and thought it would be crucial to my credit build, I was putting charges on and paying off immediately. I had $182 in pending charges, but they were in Canadian dollars and the exchange rate hadn't finalized yet. After my payment I was left with a balance of 36 cents. And when the statement date arrived I discovered they'd charged it off and taken my balance down to zero.

Two months later I decided to have some fun with it and underpaid my balance by 51 cents before the statement cut. Charged off.

November I underpaid by 74 cents and it was charged off. Next month I'll try 99 cents. If I keep my charges under $10 that's 11.5% cashback. on the QS Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kids... Dont do as I do... Couldnt leave well enough alone ☹ In a moment of weakness after a long talk with Cap1 CC app rep I was worn down to the nub and relented...

QS1 Approved!!! Toy limit as Im still in Plat steps.

Couldnt beleive it tho and will probably be stuck in bucket hell on #2 but it beats a secured for the build and I get the history starting now. 😁 At least thats what Im convincing myself for the moment to rationalize the impatience. 6 month Cap1 app restriction be damned. 3 months since the Plat app. Rep even told me 2x about the restriction but couldnt say definitively whether I was unicorn status as per "rules".

Barely skated by on that app and learned another valuable lesson. Burying myself in the garden now with my toy limits. 🤣
Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As OP has now been approved this thread is closed to further comments. OP is free to start an approval thread if so desired.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.