Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I must've hit a nerve with Capital One

tag
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

I must've hit a nerve with Capital One

Every 2-3 weeks I notice Capital One soft pulling my TransUnion report, and every time I notice that I go and do a CLI and get the same "We'll get back to you in 2-3 days".

So over the past 3 months, I made around 7 CLIs on my Savor card. All were denied for the same reason "Your financial obligations are too high"!

Today, in addition to that there was another reason "This account is not eligible for CLI on request". 

Guess levae it for 6 months then try again. 

I am not sure what to say .. I mean they always say you can request a CLI anytime you want. 

Current Cards:
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I must've hit a nerve with Capital One

@CreditPacMan wrote:

Every 2-3 weeks I notice Capital One soft pulling my TransUnion report, and every time I notice that I go and do a CLI and get the same "We'll get back to you in 2-3 days".

So over the past 3 months, I made around 7 CLIs on my Savor card. All were denied for the same reason "Your financial obligations are too high"!

Today, in addition to that there was another reason "This account is not eligible for CLI on request". 

Guess levae it for 6 months then try again. 

I am not sure what to say .. I mean they always say you can request a CLI anytime you want. 

True, but it doesn't translate into getting a request approved every time one is submitted 🤷‍♂️

Message 2 of 21
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Is your utilization or debt to income high? I've never seen that reason before. Almost feels like a synchrony CLI request being denied and mentioning not having a mortgage. 

They're not fond of me either. Never "burned" them or anything. They just won't do a PC or CLI on my card. Also I'm confused as to what score they use for CLI requests. It just says equifax and shows a score lower than anything my myFICO subscription shows me. 

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled my reports from annual credit report and also noticed soft pulls from Capital One.  Yet,  no cli. 

Message 4 of 21
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Not really. My utilization is 9% and my DTI  is around 2%. 

@Duriel wrote:

Is your utilization or debt to income high? I've never seen that reason before. Almost feels like a synchrony CLI request being denied and mentioning not having a mortgage. 

They're not fond of me either. Never "burned" them or anything. They just won't do a PC or CLI on my card. Also I'm confused as to what score they use for CLI requests. It just says equifax and shows a score lower than anything my myFICO subscription shows me. 

Current Cards:
Message 5 of 21
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

@FinStar Right .. I just haven't seen this reason before so I'm thinking they locked that functionality for me. I will wait a good 3-months before trying again. 

Current Cards:
Message 6 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditPacMan wrote:

@FinStar Right .. I just haven't seen this reason before so I'm thinking they locked that functionality for me. I will wait a good 3-months before trying again. 

On the upside, all requests are SP.  Which is why it's more like low hanging fruit (requests-wise) to spin the wheel and see what it yields.

The outcome, though, is more like a piñata party where the piñata gets swung up wildly high on a rope and gives the illusion you'll score easily. Except you keep swinging... and swinging...and swinging...  Eventually, you might hit it, but don't be surprised on the CLI amount 💀

Message 7 of 21
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@CreditPacMan wrote:

Not really. My utilization is 9% and my DTI  is around 2%. 

@Duriel wrote:

Forgot some 0s on your reported income to them? Guess it's just a fluff reason. 

Message 8 of 21
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Cap 1 is much like AmEx in that they do regular monthly SP's to monitor your credit well being and health. 

Message 9 of 21
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

That "not eligible for CLI on request" reason is interesting. I don't recall seeing anyone report it before. I wonder if it's a new one in their repertoire.

Thanks for sharing! Please update us if anything else happens. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.