cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think chase HP my ex fico score and got a wrong score.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think chase HP my ex fico score and got a wrong score.

I have an Experian account and can see that my fico score on February 20 is 702. I applied for a chase freedom credit card that day, and I was not approved immediately. I called recon and I was still not approved. Yesterday I received a paper letter from chase, which stated that my score based on Experian at 02/21/2019 was 645 points.

I logged into the Experian account today and saw 702 points.

What chase doing?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I think chase HP my ex fico score and got a wrong score.

Chase uses their version of CARS (proprietary scoring model) which will differ from the actual FICO score you obtained.
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have some other chase letters indicating that the scoring system name belongs to CardAcquisitionRiskScoreV2 and my score there is 664.
The letter I can't understand score 645 shows source: Experian

Message 3 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Right, CARS provides a scoring range just like a FICO score would. Depending on Chase's algorithms, their scale shows where you scored.

An item to keep in mind, a variety of lenders have their own sophisticated and /or custom versions of their own scoring systems. Think of it like a 'hybrid' FICO.

BTW, welcome to the myFICO forums @Anonymous.
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK... Although the 645 score comes from Experian, it is not directly equal to the Experian score?
I will not continue to try to apply for Chase's credit card for a while.

Thank you, myfico is a valuable community.

Message 5 of 28
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure if Chase is the same way as Amex but I know Amex online has a section where you can see the FICO they use in making their decisions I haven't played around on Chase's online account just yet to see if they show what FICO they use but I would check I know Amex is behind Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK... Although the 645 score comes from Experian, it is not directly equal to the Experian score?
I will not continue to try to apply for Chase's credit card for a while.

Thank you, myfico is a valuable community.

The letter should list reasons why you were denied. Those reasons can give you an idea on when to attempt applying again 

Message 7 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, it's definitely not the same FICO score version that you obtained from Experian.

It's still a score from the same source, but adaptive to Chase's CARS version which also incorporates a variety of FICO score elements.
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

the score in Amex “View FICO® Score” is totally the same as the score in Experian. 

And if you look the line in small font, it said "Your FICO® Score 8 based on Experian data is the same score used by American Express"

Message 9 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Right, AmEx provides the FICO 8 version, while Chase does not.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.