cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think chase HP my ex fico score and got a wrong score.

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: I think chase HP my ex fico score and got a wrong score.

It's not the same my score right now is 68 points behind....I speak what I know Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

So... there must be some negative factors that cause CARS calculations to be much lower than my EX score. I don't have any checking, saving, credit card accounts or loans in chase, I don't understand why they did it to me.

Message 12 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

So... there must be some negative factors that cause CARS calculations to be much lower than my EX score. I don't have any checking, saving, credit card accounts or loans in chase, I don't understand why they did it to me.

Length of credit, new accounts, lack of depository relationship, high utilization, thin file, etc. Could be anything. 

Look at the reasons on the letter, especially the first one. The score is just a numerical representation 

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

There seems to be a fair amount of confusion here; can you post a copy of the letter with your personal information redacted?  I would think that if Chase used either Experian FICO 8 score or their CARS score the adverse action letter should state so explictly.

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The people in chase recon line tell me that I have too many HPs. There are about 18 HPs on my ex, most of them from chase.

Because I currently have four credit cards, I hope to get a chase credit card before 5/24, so I apply once every 45 days and then refused, causing a vicious circle. This is probably the reason why I was rejected, but it is hard to think that this will make the CARS score 50 points lower than the ex score.

Message 15 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

The people in chase recon line tell me that I have too many HPs. There are about 18 HPs on my ex, most of them from chase.

Because I currently have four credit cards, I hope to get a chase credit card before 5/24, so I apply once every 45 days and then refused, causing a vicious circle. This is probably the reason why I was rejected, but it is hard to think that this will make the CARS score 50 points lower than the ex score.

It will make it lower if chase's internal algorithm sees it as excessive credit seeking behavior, therefore more of a risk.

Now that you know your reason, stop applying and wait 6 months to a year. That should help. 

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

here are the letter and my ex score

ex

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree with this about stopping the application.

I am currently only curious about the huge difference in scores.

Message 18 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I totally agree with this about stopping the application.

I am currently only curious about the huge difference in scores.

Chase pulled you EX score and report. Different parts of your report are assigned values according to Chase internal algorithm.  Basically, it's reinterpretation of your credit report, not of your credit score. 

If you want this card, work on the reasons they denied you, excessive inquiries in this case. 

Give it some time. 

Good luck! 

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

here are the letter and my ex score

I tried to post images but the system said “Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. 

so I just paste image’s url

I give up...

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.