cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think chase HP my ex fico score and got a wrong score.

Highlighted
Established Member

I think chase HP my ex fico score and got a wrong score.

I have an Experian account and can see that my fico score on February 20 is 702. I applied for a chase freedom credit card that day, and I was not approved immediately. I called recon and I was still not approved. Yesterday I received a paper letter from chase, which stated that my score based on Experian at 02/21/2019 was 645 points.

I logged into the Experian account today and saw 702 points.

What chase doing?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted

Re: I think chase HP my ex fico score and got a wrong score.

Chase uses their version of CARS (proprietary scoring model) which will differ from the actual FICO score you obtained.
Message 2 of 28
Highlighted
Established Member

I have some other chase letters indicating that the scoring system name belongs to CardAcquisitionRiskScoreV2 and my score there is 664.
The letter I can't understand score 645 shows source: Experian

Message 3 of 28
Highlighted

Right, CARS provides a scoring range just like a FICO score would. Depending on Chase's algorithms, their scale shows where you scored.

An item to keep in mind, a variety of lenders have their own sophisticated and /or custom versions of their own scoring systems. Think of it like a 'hybrid' FICO.

BTW, welcome to the myFICO forums @dajusha.
Message 4 of 28
Highlighted
Established Member

OK... Although the 645 score comes from Experian, it is not directly equal to the Experian score?
I will not continue to try to apply for Chase's credit card for a while.

Thank you, myfico is a valuable community.

Message 5 of 28
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure if Chase is the same way as Amex but I know Amex online has a section where you can see the FICO they use in making their decisions I haven't played around on Chase's online account just yet to see if they show what FICO they use but I would check I know Amex is behind Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 28
Highlighted

@dajusha wrote:

OK... Although the 645 score comes from Experian, it is not directly equal to the Experian score?
I will not continue to try to apply for Chase's credit card for a while.

Thank you, myfico is a valuable community.

The letter should list reasons why you were denied. Those reasons can give you an idea on when to attempt applying again 

You might be sleep deprived if you try opening car door with Samsung Pay
Message 7 of 28
Highlighted

Well, it's definitely not the same FICO score version that you obtained from Experian.

It's still a score from the same source, but adaptive to Chase's CARS version which also incorporates a variety of FICO score elements.
Message 8 of 28
Highlighted
Established Member

the score in Amex “View FICO® Score” is totally the same as the score in Experian. 

And if you look the line in small font, it said "Your FICO® Score 8 based on Experian data is the same score used by American Express"

Message 9 of 28
Highlighted

Right, AmEx provides the FICO 8 version, while Chase does not.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.