Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to Discover "IT"

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: I tried to Discover "IT"

@jologan79 wrote:

Folks I called just a min ago and the young lady said that since I applied late in the evening my application could be stuck in the system because she can't find it.

It could take up to 24hrs for it to be retrieved from the sytem.

How any of you heard of this?

It's not even showing up when I go to check applicaiton status.

Whether the rep was telling you the complete truth or not is irrelevent but she definately seems to think that in 24 hours you will be able to get an answer so I'd recommend just waiting and trying then. What are the CL's on your other cards and your AAOA?

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck op!  I am interested to see how this goes.  I want a discover card as well but I am too high with my current Cap one utilization even though overall utilization with all my cards is lower also have 16,17,17 inquiries on my report so I am gardening till 2016.  Let us know how it goes mate!

Message 12 of 31
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

Denied and they won't Recon...I'm never app'ing Discover again...

@jologan79 wrote:

I pulled the trigger again tonight. This time it was the Discover IT card.

I once I hit submit I was prompted to enter some additonal information and then I got the 5-7 day response response.

It also said to expediate the request please call xxx.xxx.xxxx but I clicked off the screen.

I guess I will try to call them in the morning...

Any thoughts???

Is this most likely a denial?

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 13 of 31
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

For?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 14 of 31
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

I tried to Recon my denial for the card but the young lady told me that Discover doesn't do reconsiderations.

@ojefferyo wrote:

For?

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jologan79 wrote:

I tried to Recon my denial for the card but the young lady told me that Discover doesn't do reconsiderations.

@ojefferyo wrote:

For?

what was the reason for the denial?

Message 16 of 31
Annaliese
New Contributor

I just applied half hour ago and it says wait for your card in the mail so that means, I am approved? I wish they can at least disclosed how much they approving me for.  Cardnalsyn, don't lose hope as this is actually my 4th attempts with them and hopefully this time truly is an 'approval'.

Anah

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

what are your scores like? i applied for the student card last month and was given a counter offer for a secured card, which i did not want.

@Annaliese wrote:

I just applied half hour ago and it says wait for your card in the mail so that means, I am approved? I wish they can at least disclosed how much they approving me for.  Cardnalsyn, don't lose hope as this is actually my 4th attempts with them and hopefully this time truly is an 'approval'.

Anah

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Annaliese wrote:

Anah

I actually applied earlier today and got the same message. Told me I was approved and to wait for my card and credit limit in the mail. Wish they would have given a credit limit amount but I'm glad I was approved.

Message 19 of 31
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Annaliese wrote:

Anah

I actually applied earlier today and got the same message. Told me I was approved and to wait for my card and credit limit in the mail. Wish they would have given a credit limit amount but I'm glad I was approved.

When I had to call in for verification the lady told me my CL when I asked. You can call back and try for a different person, they will be able to tell you.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.