Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID issue with Comenity/Bread Application

tag
PoppaJoeTaz
New Visitor

ID issue with Comenity/Bread Application

I recieved a prequal offer via snail mail. Not really believing I'd be approved, to my shock I was with a decent line of credit. I used my card once and paid the bill before the end of cycle. I went to use again for Christmas and I inadvertently spelled my name wrong ( ok, no biggie right ? wrong) they immediatly froze my card for suspected fraud. I called the following day and was transfered to the fraud team where they informed that they (Fraud Department) would mail me a letter and forms. The only thing I recieved was an e-mail to call the fraud department. I waited a week ( I already spoke to fraud) and not recieving any other communications (phone, maiol,e-mail or account messages) called them back to again attempt to resolve the issue. I was politely told that I could mail or e-mail the following, my Drivers Liscence, front and back, my social security card, front and back and a utility bill with my address. I e-mailed them all using my cable bill as my utility, we dont have gas, we have well water, and electric is in the wifes name. I never heard back from them. When I made multiple attempts to call them thru customer service, all I could get was automated service, this was the first time I couldnt speak to an actual person, and was informed by A.I. that my account was closed goodby. I eventually found a number to the Fraud Department and was informed that my cable bill was NOT A UTILITY BILL and so the Bank (Comenity) closed my account and I will need to reapply for a card again. I was never told what was and what wasnt a utility bill, I was never contacted and told to resubmit using a bank statement, I was never told they closed my account, I was never cummunicated to by them AT ALL. Ever hear the expression "too good to be true" well that is Comenity and the Breadbasket Amex. I will never reapply, it was the biggest mistake I made over the 2022 year to accept the offer. My recommendation is to stay away from Breadbaskit like it was the plauge. If a BBB complaint could be made I would, but banks are free to do what they want sooooo.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: ID issue with Comenity/Bread Application

Hi @PoppaJoeTaz and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif

I've moved your post to a new thread to get your issue more exposure.

--UncleB

myFICO Moderator

Message 2 of 7
PoppaJoeTaz
New Visitor

Thank you, and I found I could file a BBB complaint and did so. Very grateful to my FICO and you

Message 3 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If the cable bill was in your name and the address listed for service delivery was the same as the billing address on the account I'd also file a complaint with the CFPB.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 7
PoppaJoeTaz
New Visitor

Thank you sir, I will

Message 5 of 7
PoppaJoeTaz
New Visitor

I just completed the complaint, thank you so much for your direction

Message 6 of 7
Meach7
New Contributor

You're better off without it. I said something similar a couple months ago when they did it to my DW. They still haven't sent any mail about it or responded at all. We filed a complaint with the cfpb and they said they were trying to get a response from bread. If they don't report it to your credit you should count yourself lucky and go with another card. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.