Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHG Rewards credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IHG Rewards credit card

Hi everyone, I'm planning a big trip to Europe next year and was thinking of apping for this card to get the 60,000 bonus points.  I already have a IHG account with a decent amount of points and was wondering if the 60,000 will be added to that?  Also, do you think it wise to app for this when I apped for the PRG and Quicksilver 3 months ago?  Any insight would be much appreciated! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Faust

Re: IHG Rewards credit card

Yes, they should be added to your account. Just add in your existing membership number to the application.

Also, currently the best promotion for the IHG credit card is one that gives you 80,000 points after spending 1,000$ in 3 months. Just search for it and it should pop up. Been posted about in several forums/blogs.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't know that...thanks for the info! 

Message 3 of 16
Faust

No problem, good luck if you decide to app. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck should you decide to app! I'll be pulling for ya.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Bf and I are heading to Europe to elope so these points should come in handy for us. Smiley Happy Was just a little hesitant apping for a third card within such a short timeframe from the others, since it might be frowned upon. 

Message 6 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

3? thats it! no, not an issue!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know! So should I app next month since my QS statement closed at 45% utilization?  Usually keep it at 10 or less but had a lot of expenses this month.  I PIF as soon as I got the statement though, and I PIF my PRG before the statement cut.  Just don't want to hurt my chances if I app now. My current score is at 709 (fako) with no baddies last I checked.  

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Faust wrote:

Yes, they should be added to your account. Just add in your existing membership number to the application.

Also, currently the best promotion for the IHG credit card is one that gives you 80,000 points after spending 1,000$ in 3 months. Just search for it and it should pop up. Been posted about in several forums/blogs.

What exactly does 80K pts get you? Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 16
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Faust wrote:

What exactly does 80K pts get you? Smiley Tongue

Well, I know just yesterday I was looking at a Holiday Inn Express room for 20K points or $135 pre tax. So around $500 cash value?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.