Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IKEA Projekt Pre Qualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IKEA Projekt Pre Qualify

Noticed the IKEA Projekt Pre Qualify will not impact my credit, therefore, submitted requesting $20,000 and received this message "We are reviewing your prequalification and will contact you by mail within the next 2weeks".  Thought maybe the amount requested was too high submiited another prequalify request for $10,000 and got the same message.  Is this a denial?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: IKEA Projekt Pre Qualify

Could be a denial, or it could just be they need to verify a few things. You could always call them and see if they need anymore info to help in their decision.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think it was an application for approval/denial...I found there pre-qulification site is way different than the other lenders...you should be fine...pre-qualify checks are usually with soft pulls

@Anonymous wrote:

Noticed the IKEA Projekt Pre Qualify will not impact my credit, therefore, submitted requesting $20,000 and received this message "We are reviewing your prequalification and will contact you by mail within the next 2weeks".  Thought maybe the amount requested was too high submiited another prequalify request for $10,000 and got the same message.  Is this a denial?

Message 3 of 13
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not a denial.....if you did the prequalify....that just soft pulls your credit and will let you know if you prequalified for credit. I am surprised you got a 2 week mail notification. Are you sure you didn't hit the button to apply for a card?

Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CountryLivin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not a denial.....if you did the prequalify....that just soft pulls your credit and will let you know if you prequalified for credit. I am surprised you got a 2 week mail notification. Are you sure you didn't hit the button to apply for a card?

Actually, even the pre-qualified option can yield a denial.  Two outcomes are typically possible on the pre-qualified offer whenever the 7-10 message displays: additional information/verification or denial.  This is at the pre-qualified state of the offer without clicking the link to actually apply.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious if you heard anything back yet?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interested as well. I prequalified, but then got a 2 week message. No hello through customer service, I did get a pull on I believe Experian. I only applied because it said I was pre-approved.
Message 7 of 13
CivalV
Established Contributor

Following. This is topic is interesting in regards to prequals
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received letter about my recent request to be prequalified for a Ikea Projekt credit card and stated "Unfortunately, we are unable to process the prequalification request at this time based on previous experience with Comenity Capital Bank."

I have no idea what this means.  I do have several Comenity accounts with high credit limits Wayfair $30,500, Overstock $23,500 and Boscovs $22,500.  These accounts keep growing every month or two, hitting the luv button with SP (Note on 2 occassions HP EQ).

Could this be that I am at the max with Comenity?  I have had these accounts about 1 1/2 years and never ever been late and always pif.

Message 9 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Have any accounts ever been closed by Comenity via Adverse Action or have you had any lates (even by a few days) or NSF instances with them? That would be my guess.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.