Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IKEA, Projekt Pre-qualification

tag
Appleman
Valued Contributor

IKEA, Projekt Pre-qualification

I was looking at the  IKEA Projekt card and saw they have 'See if you pre-qualify now' button.

This leads to the disclaimer; 'See if you prequalify without any impact to your credit score!'

I filled out the information which includes full social security number. There is even the the Fair Credit reporting act saying they may obtain information from Experian. I still took this to be a SP

Not long after, Credit Check Total alerted me that 'Activity using your personal information was detected'.

On CCT I received this alert:

Date
5/23/2018
Company
Alliance Data
Activity
New Application
About this Alert
Alliance data issues private label credit cards for retail locations across the US and Canada. Brands include: J Crew, Pottery Barn, Ann Taylor, Victoria's Secret, and others

It does not read like a HP (example provided): CHASE CARD obtained a copy of your EXPERIAN Credit Report.

So, does this not show as a HP?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IKEA, Projekt Pre-qualification

no i had the same alert from credit check total after i did a pre approval it was just a soft pull im not really sure why i got an alert like that after a soft pull but it was definitely a soft pull

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.