cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I apply for the freedom now and get the $200 bonus, am I eligible to get the flex $200 bonus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I apply for the freedom now and get the $200 bonus, am I eligible to get the flex $200 bonus?

Looking to get a Chase card, my scores just updated

Ex: 751, Eq: 770, TU: 771

Oldest CC account: 1year 1mo

Inquiries: 1HP July 21, accepted but card has not reported yet.

Income: 20k

I want to get the flex, but should I go for the freedom while it's still available and then get all 3 freedoms? Or should I just wait for the flex to come out and get that when it does?

Will the HP and new account not look great to chase?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Re: If I apply for the freedom now and get the $200 bonus, am I eligible to get the flex $200 bonus?

Deleted because my answer didn't address your question properly. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 2 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: If I apply for the freedom now and get the $200 bonus, am I eligible to get the flex $200 bonus?

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking to get a Chase card, my scores just updated

Ex: 751, Eq: 770, TU: 771

Oldest CC account: 1year 1mo

Inquiries: 1HP July 21, accepted but card has not reported yet.

Income: 20k

I want to get the flex, but should I go for the freedom while it's still available and then get all 3 freedoms? Or should I just wait for the flex to come out and get that when it does?

Will the HP and new account not look great to chase?

Your profile is quite young and probably relatively thin so you're going to want to wait at least 6 months if not longer after your first Chase card before you even consider applying for a 2nd one. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's no guarantee of getting mutliple SUBs on teh same product so i would just concentrate on the first one for now. This new promo is likely going to be around for some time to promote the new features, so it may very well still be here in 6 months or come back again. SUBs chaneg all the time often back and forth between good and better, it's really about the timing and generally works out because of gardening.

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Apply for the card you want the most (can get the best rewards from) .. then wait at least 6 months as stated upthread.

The Flex will be around, so maybe go for the Freedom. I use it mainly for the 5% Gas Quarter's ..

Message 5 of 11
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

If you are making 20k a year and the CFF bonus is 5% on 12,000 spent on groceries over 12 months that will be awfully hard to hit.

Just saying.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't say I would? I know I'm not going to hit that amount, nor would I really want to try and spend that much on groceries.

I'm a student so I have a meal plan and we buy groceries every couple of weeks, but just figured why not go for a 5% grocery card.

I'm more interested in the SUB $500 in first 3 mo for $200. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

With my stats would I be good to apply for the CFU right now do you think? And then yea 6mo down the line apply for the flex? I think I'd want the CFU before the flex

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even have my first one yet, I'm asking my approval odds for my first one now and then later down the road if I'm eligible to get the other one, I know to wait the 6mo, I just don't know if since the flex is made to replace the freedom if they're not doing double SUBs for that card.

And asking advice which one to go for first, the CFU or just wait for the flex

Message 9 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I'm here Chase is saying it's a different card. Read DoC. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.