Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ikea Projekt 2 week notice.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ikea Projekt 2 week notice.

Thought it would be ok to use credit if I invested in new kitchen for my humble airbnb cottage. Did the prequalify thing on website. Pre qualified 5500. Apped today and received a two week message. Disappointed. I could have done frw things that would have brought in more money.

Funny I feel bad about it. Im credit adverse and am very disappointed. Weird.

Anyhoo...no aboty to ask them to reconsider my application? Assuming 10 day notice is denial. I xalled, told wait for letter. Input? Sympathy? Lol jokes? Any good ones?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ikea Projekt 2 week notice.

If you have a current relationship with Comenity Bank or Comenity Capital Bank then 2 week notice is a denial.

If you don't have a relationship with them there is a small chance of verification.

Good luck

Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Relationship or not, the 2-week message is not necessarily indicative of a denial OP.

More often than not, it can be associated with verification or further processing.

Have there been any changes to your profile in the last few months, like an address and/or name changes?

I would wait for the letter to determine what the final outcome is on your application.
Message 3 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thought it would be ok to use credit if I invested in new kitchen for my humble airbnb cottage. Did the prequalify thing on website. Pre qualified 5500. Apped today and received a two week message. Disappointed. I could have done frw things that would have brought in more money.

Anyhoo...no aboty to ask them to reconsider my application? Assuming 10 day notice is denial. I xalled, told wait for letter. Input? Sympathy? Lol jokes? Any good ones?

2 Ikea salesmen walk into a bar ...............

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

I needed an allen wrench to flush the toilet in the Ikea restroom....

Sorry for the outcome Op, I don't have the knowledge of the Ikea card to say more but, I'd presume another rewards card if ones in your pocket would benefit greatly from the kitchen purchase.

Message 5 of 10
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I checked to see if I was prequalified a few months ago.

I received the 2 week notice. I eventually received a letter saying I was denied because of a previous relationship with Comenity Bank.

The issue was that I closed my accounts.

Then they closed new accounts for inquiries.....twice.Smiley Very Happy

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 6 of 10
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your post.  I followed your lead and was approved for the Visa after opting not to continue with the store card.  I hope it works out for you.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in the same situation as you.

I did the prequal and got back $5500. I went ahead and apped. Got the 2 week message. Tried calling in for almost 2 weeks. Finally got the notice to call in. Went through verification and came back approved. They'll prob just have some verification questions. Good luck!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not worry so much. Do get the Family Member card.  No, it's not a CC, but the kitchen sale is coming soon and you can use it to get 15 percent off your purchase.  Just be sure you buy from a store and not online.  Online is a disaster.  Don't buy from the Brooklyn store either.  That would even be worse.  I know, I work there.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get it? 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.