Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Diners Club News!! Maybe?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Important Diners Club News!! Maybe?

So, I just called.. yet again.. to see the status of my application from Friday night.. And this time, when a rep picked up she had a very thick Canadian accent and right away said "hello this is (reps name) may i please have your diners club card number followed by and last four of your social" which was completely different than all of the other reps have answered previously. I explained i did not have a number yet but was looking to see if i was approved.. She said surely and asked for some info.. While waiting for her computer to "warm up" she said that she was surprised i was routed to her because they were currently sending all consumer calls to a temp call center. I said "that explains why they don't have much info!" and she then goes "That would be why! They can't see much or answer many questions because they don't have the system that we do here in Canada" She agreed that it isn't a very good system.. She then was able to give me exact details on my app! She said she can see my "file time" and said that currently the queue says it due to be reviewed by an underwriter on 11/11/2014 and said that as soon as it is reviewed i will have a definitive answer. She said she could see all the details and verified that all of my information was correct and said that if I call on Tuesday evening they will give me an answer and if approved my complete credit limit. So, although it isn't approved yet so to speak, i was able to speak to somebody who could actually dive deep into my file and answer all of my questions! So, i'll call back on 11/11 because i actually trusted what she said, I could tell she was truthful! SO, in a nutshell.. I would keep calling until you get a rep that starts off the conversation like mine did.. Then you'll know you have been directed to the correct call center and not the "temp" one!

This also made me think.. I wonder if I could go onto diners website for Canada.. and then use that customer service number from now on.. Because the number we all have been calling really just does more harm than good with us appaholics who can't stand to wait lol

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Important Diners Club News!! Maybe?

Thanks for the info! I was beginning to wonder at the modernity of the operation. Sounds like there might actually be a bank behind the card after all Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your progress. When I was waiting in limbo before I was approved I called (I always ask CSRs at all the banks where they are located just to make conversation) all three of my calls were handled by CSRs in Milwaukee Wisconsin. They all had access to my account information, I never spoke with anyone in Canada. The final call when I found out I was approved and my CL was someone in Milwaukee. Interesting to see your scenario being so different. Maybe it has to do with the location from which the call is placed.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your progress. When I was waiting in limbo before I was approved I called (I always ask CSRs at all the banks where they are located just to make conversation) all three of my calls were handled by CSRs in Milwaukee Wisconsin. They all had access to my account information, I never spoke with anyone in Canada. The final call when I found out I was approved and my CL was someone in Milwaukee. Interesting to see your scenario being so different. Maybe it has to do with the location from which the call is placed.

It is interesting.. Maybe they are so flooded with calls and apps that they have no choice but to send some of the calls to the Canadian call center? Either way, i don't care of my call gets routed to fiji as long as they can give me solid updates lol

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

Thanks for the info! I was beginning to wonder at the modernity of the operation. Sounds like there might actually be a bank behind the card after all Smiley Happy

You're welcome! It actually is a pretty big bank..Like others have said, i just feel that they had no idea how big their brand actually was.. When you're the first CC and your consumer card has been off the market for years.. you should expect  and be prepared for some heavy app volume! Obviously, they werent!

Message 5 of 15
uswala
Senior Contributor

Good luck on the outcome!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

there's also another number to diners which is 877-263-5018, I got that number when I had issue with setting up online account. kinda weird to hear english/french instead of english/spanish Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I just called.. yet again.. to see the status of my application from Friday night.. And this time, when a rep picked up she had a very thick Canadian accent and right away said "hello this is (reps name) may i please have your diners club card number followed by and last four of your social" which was completely different than all of the other reps have answered previously. I explained i did not have a number yet but was looking to see if i was approved.. She said surely and asked for some info.. While waiting for her computer to "warm up" she said that she was surprised i was routed to her because they were currently sending all consumer calls to a temp call center. I said "that explains why they don't have much info!" and she then goes "That would be why! They can't see much or answer many questions because they don't have the system that we do here in Canada" She agreed that it isn't a very good system.. She then was able to give me exact details on my app! She said she can see my "file time" and said that currently the queue says it due to be reviewed by an underwriter on 11/11/2014 and said that as soon as it is reviewed i will have a definitive answer. She said she could see all the details and verified that all of my information was correct and said that if I call on Tuesday evening they will give me an answer and if approved my complete credit limit. So, although it isn't approved yet so to speak, i was able to speak to somebody who could actually dive deep into my file and answer all of my questions! So, i'll call back on 11/11 because i actually trusted what she said, I could tell she was truthful! SO, in a nutshell.. I would keep calling until you get a rep that starts off the conversation like mine did.. Then you'll know you have been directed to the correct call center and not the "temp" one!

This also made me think.. I wonder if I could go onto diners website for Canada.. and then use that customer service number from now on.. Because the number we all have been calling really just does more harm than good with us appaholics who can't stand to wait lol

Well from the day you apped. We said tues or weds.    I mentioned I think yesterday. Poster got his card from Canada. Which explains lack of info in centers here. Excellent. Looks like you are on your way. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well from the day you apped. We said tues or weds.    I mentioned I think yesterday. Poster got his card from Canada. Which explains lack of info in centers here. Excellent. Looks like you are on your way. 

yea, you guys told me tues or weds Smiley Happy you were right! I'll hold off until then.. Hoping for a good size CL.. We shall see

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uswala wrote:

Good luck on the outcome!

Thanks!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.