cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income Requirement for Union Bank Platinum Credit Card?

tag
Savwire

Income Requirement for Union Bank Platinum Credit Card?

My credit score is good (780), and I have cards open with all the major banks (Chase, US Bank, Capital One, BofA, etc), but no cards with Union Bank.

I'm between jobs at the moment, so I have no income. Will that be a deal breaker to get this card?

(I'm assuming they'll ask me to prove my income at the branch? Not sure).

I have to apply in person at the branch for the Platinum card, which I want to get for their $0 balance transfer fee for 6 months, and also 0% intro APR for 15 months.

Would help me a lot at the moment to move my debt around before I can get back on my feet with income.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Income Requirement for Union Bank Platinum Credit Card?

I don't have experience with this bank, however if you are in between jobs and no income I would not be applying for credit. You have put your income on your application .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 7
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Savwire wrote:

My credit score is good (780), and I have cards open with all the major banks (Chase, US Bank, Capital One, BofA, etc), but no cards with Union Bank.

I'm between jobs at the moment, so I have no income. Will that be a deal breaker to get this card?

I have to apply in person at the branch for the Platinum card, which I want to get for their $0 balance transfer fee for 6 months, and also 0% intro APR for 15 months.

Would help me a lot at the moment to move my debt around before I can get back on my feet with income.

I would avoid applying for any new credit even if they don't ask for POI. Find your next career and then chase that card down 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 3 of 7
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@Savwire  I agree with other posts about not applying for new credit while unemployed.  Secondly, keep in mind that Union Bank is merging with US Bank. The credit cards and other Union Bank products will be converted to US Bank products.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Savwire wrote:

As others have mentioned upthread, whether you apply in person at the branch or submit the application online, there's a field on the app for income either way.

Just curious, what would you state or input if you currently have no income, @Savwire?. Do you have any passive income sources?

Message 5 of 7
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Savwire wrote:

About a year ago my Legacy cc sent me an email i was due for a cli if i logged in and updated my income. I did so but mistakenly put zero in the taxable income box and my income in the non taxable box since i collect ss at a level thats non taxable, instant denial. I had to call in and explain my mistake and then the csr resubmitted my app with the corrected info and my cli was approved.

I dont believe you can get approved for a cc with no income and to lie on the app is a federal offense.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 6 of 7
805orbust
Valued Contributor

The US Bank Platinum may not even be worth it @Savwire.  They chased me all around the Internet for 9 months with that BT offer and only approved me for $2k... $2k.  Although in hindsight I had opened up 2 cards and 2 auto loans in the 12 months prior so it may have been that... who knows?  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.