Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries Older Than 12 Months?

tag
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Inquiries Older Than 12 Months?

I have 6-8 inquiries on each of the 3 CRAs and most of them are older than 12 months.  When apping for credit cards, do lenders take into consideration Inquiries listed on credit profiles that are older than 12 months?

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Inquiries Older Than 12 Months?

@Marz2002 wrote:

I have 6-8 inquiries on each of the 3 CRAs and most of them are older than 12 months.  When apping for credit cards, do lenders take into consideration Inquiries listed on credit profiles that are older than 12 months?

Your FICO score is no longer impacted by inquiries after 12 months, but the inquiries remain on your reports for another year.  Credit decisions are usually not made soley on the basis of your score.  Your total number of inquires can be considered but it is not usually a major detriment unless very high.  At 6-8 and most older than a year I don't think you will find it to be a factor in credit decisions.

Message 2 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the information!  I was hoping that Inquiries older than 12 months wouldn't factor in credit card app UW.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It really depends on the lender and your overall profile OP. The more conservative the lender, the more scrutiny. Especially upon manual review.
Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My average penny is the thicker your profile the less affect. The thinner your profile, a UW might see 6 -8 as alot , one never knows. What usually helps in those instances might be other factors like your income, dti, any baddies or even just payment history.
Message 5 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
It really depends on the lender and your overall profile OP. The more conservative the lender, the more scrutiny. Especially upon manual review.

That's good to know for credit union type lenders!  Thanks for the information.

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
My average penny is the thicker your profile the less affect. The thinner your profile, a UW might see 6 -8 as alot , one never knows. What usually helps in those instances might be other factors like your income, dti, any baddies or even just payment history.

Good to hear from you AJC!  Thanks for the finer points you mentioned.

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

What's usually more important than inquiries is new accounts. How do you stand that way?

I agree that the inquiries themselves will likely cease to be a factor once they all reach a year in age.

Message 8 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

What's usually more important than inquiries is new accounts. How do you stand that way?

I agree that the inquiries themselves will likely cease to be a factor once they all reach a year in age.

I have 8 New Accounts in the last 10 months due to my Rebuild Project.

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I'd zero in on the new accounts and not apply for anything until your newest account is a year old. Inquiries will fall into place.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.