Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Insensitive Lenders

tag
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Inquiry Insensitive Lenders

I find these lenders to be inquiry and new account insensitive. State Farm Bank (pulls TU), Navy Federal (pulls TU, Efx and Exp (AR's), BMO Harris Bank, Discover Card (pulls TU, Efx, Exp), Blispay (Exp), Final (getfinal.com pulls Exp), Amex (pulls Exp), Synchrony Bank (pulls TU).

That being said those lenders which are inquiry sensitive are Citibank, Barclays Bank, FNBO, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, TD Bank, Capital One (now for credit line increases and perhaps for new accounts), Nordstrom Bank (more than 3 in 6 months gets you a denial). Dillards is bad too since they are Wells Fargo issued. 

This is all based on personal experience and posts from members of myfico forum and creditboards.com. 

Hope this helps some of you. 

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiry Insensitive Lenders

Thanks for sharing...

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! Good post.......Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Looks like its time for Citi, Sir Barclays, FNBO, Wells, Boa Td, and Cap One to attend the Credit Sensitivity Seminar of 2017, presented by Tostitos and American ExpressSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree about Nordstrom.. I had 14 inquiries on Experian when they approved me. And 8 accounts opened in last 12months. They were awesome to me

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jtw34240 wrote:

I find these lenders to be inquiry and new account insensitive. State Farm Bank (pulls TU), Navy Federal (pulls TU, Efx and Exp (AR's), BMO Harris Bank, Discover Card (pulls TU, Efx, Exp), Blispay (Exp), Final (getfinal.com pulls Exp), Amex (pulls Exp), Synchrony Bank (pulls TU).

That being said those lenders which are inquiry sensitive are Citibank, Barclays Bank, FNBO, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, TD Bank, Capital One (now for credit line increases and perhaps for new accounts), Nordstrom Bank (more than 3 in 6 months gets you a denial). Dillards is bad too since they are Wells Fargo issued. 

This is all based on personal experience and posts from members of myfico forum and creditboards.com. 

I disagree with the Nordstroms, I had well over 3 inquiries in 6 months and was approved for the card. I've also gotten CLI's since I received it. Not sure about the others, I only have a Wells Fargo and I have had that for years.

AJC- Seriously spit out my seltzer water reading brought to you by Tostitos and American Express (and by spit out I mean I laughed and spit it on my cat who was laying on my legs unsuspecting of what was to come). Thank you for that!

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jtw34240 wrote:

I second the Final card, I got approved for $5k and I have 72 Inqs on there and loads of new accounts. Hoping they will waive the AF the second year for people that actually use the card. I disagree with Discover though, its probably that they just dislike me but they have turned me down twice despite my scores being pretty good. I also got in with Cap One albeit for $500 and I had lots of inqs and accts. 

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jtw34240 wrote:

I second the Final card, I got approved for $5k and I have 72 Inqs on there and loads of new accounts. Hoping they will waive the AF the second year for people that actually use the card. I disagree with Discover though, its probably that they just dislike me but they have turned me down twice despite my scores being pretty good. I also got in with Cap One albeit for $500 and I had lots of inqs and accts. 

Update, just got an email that Final will not be charging any AF anymore for new and existing accounts! Wooh. 

Message 8 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

1st Tydawg, 72 inquirie, holy cat litter BatmanSmiley Wink. I serioudly hope those are from buying a carSmiley Wink

Smc, if you want a good laugh , read the last couple pages of the Garden club, tcbofade really put me in my place, and a hint, it isnt at AceSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think this data is strong because there are scorecards and those scorecards will lessen the impact of many inquiries the higher up you go.

There are a lot of people with dozens of inquiries but high scores who get approved for everything, while someone with very low scores by 6 inquiries might get told "too many inquiries" from the BS FICO reasoning scores that they make up willy nilly.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.