cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Please--How accurate is NFCU pre-qual?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Insight Please--How accurate is NFCU pre-qual?

@Shawn19AL wrote:

No, I wont try again until next Feb. My 2 year anniversary of getting the first card.  @Brian_Earl_Spilner 

I tried to apply for a 6 month increase and got a letter that say Im at the maximum credit limit.

Im hunting house at the moment, so its moot right now.   Im just peeved that Ive been banking with them since 2014  and prequal says Im only eligible for another secured.  Dah well.  

Ive gotten max limits, dont meet lending criteria, and even offered to apply for a secured card after many different hp denials.......this after already having unsecured cards with Navy...lol...a Navy denial today is worth as much as the stamp they use to send itSmiley Wink  Tomorrow always  offers hopeSmiley Wink

Message 31 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Accuracy of a Navy prequal is based off one's own experience after applyingSmiley Wink 

Message 32 of 38
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Hi, when using the pre qual link will it be a soft inquiry?

Thanks

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ehh. It also said I was eligible for all their cards, when I applied, I was denied, but opted to take their secure card. Now when I pre qualify, it doesn't show I'm eligible for all their cards.

Message 34 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi, when using the pre qual link will it be a soft inquiry?

Thanks

Yes its soft pull. As i said their prequal is what you make of it. Postee above me prequaled and denied, i prequaled on my lsst app and was approved. Go figure. Best way to figure your chances is by knowing your own profile  and go from thereSmiley Wink

Message 35 of 38
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Thanks @AverageJoesCredit ...you're anything but average!! Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 38
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

Prequal only said I was prequalified for the nRewards. Every time I tried. I went ahead and accepted the NRewards in September 2020.

Did the prequal again after 91/3 and CLI on my nRewards. Still said I prequalified for nRewards. Nothing else. 

Applied for More Rewards and got approved for 12.5k. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

Message 37 of 38
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yea prequal is unreliable for sure.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.