cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant approval that only looks at Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instant approval that only looks at Equifax?

Anyone know of a credit card that offers instant approval and only pulls FICO from Equifax?  (My Equifax score is highest of the three bureaus.)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Instant approval that only looks at Equifax?

No one can really say instant approval because you could have a 750 and still get rejected. Alot more goes into approvals than score alone. However, i do know that Penfed Credit Union seem to use Equifax almost exclusively for approvals. I also think it depends on where you live who pulls what but Penfed for sure.
Message 2 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Discover pulled EQ for hubby and my mom in Texas
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

For me Disco and Citi like to pull Equifax but its not always gaurenteed. I laugh at Eq because everyone and their 5th cousins want to pull my Equi, but nobody takes the time to update those very same accountsSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Comenity and Discover - maybe try for shopping cart trick sportsmans guide visa.  I would kill for anyone to pull my EQ or EX....it's ALWAYS TU which is my worst score by like 50 points.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed that Discover usually pulls EQ.

My EQ is 75-90 points higher than EX and TU currently.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some lenders vary from state to state or even product to product so you need to watch that also.  Penfed only uses Equifax data but they have their own scoring model that seems very sensative to new accounts and hard pulls.  Citi has always pulled Experian for me but some folks have had them pull equifax.  NFCU uses Equifax for account reviews and car loans but Trans Union for initial credit card approvals.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.