Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitation for Paypal Extras MC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invitation for Paypal Extras MC?

Hello everyone!

I'm in the garden but, I've gotten several emails over the past 6+ months "inviting" me to apply for the PP Extras MC and just got another 5 minutes ago. I've also gotten them for the Cashback and store versions. I've gotten three for the Extras card in the past month alone.

I have one Synchrony card (Walmart store $200cl opened Dec. '18 PIF). I do use PP, but not very often. I currently have it set up thru my CO QS. Is this just marketing or is this a pre-appoval/qualifying email?

Thanks yall!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Invitation for Paypal Extras MC?

Greetings,

If it's saying: "Invited to apply"  that's what it means, you're welcome to apply.. Now, that doesn't mean you wont be approved but it's not a preapproval.

I've been getting these as well. Many emails and when I log into PP, which I use a LOT, there's a banner.

Mine does says; you're already approved or close to that but I don't need another card. I got a nice 2% card from my local CU.

If this is a card you would use, perhaps use & PIF the Walmart card for 6 months and then apply. Or if you have the HP to spare, you can roll the dice.

Good Luck! aaa1 Good Luck.gif

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

I really have no interest in applying for it, right now. Prequal would be a different story, just to help with util. I've gotten a few new cards the past couple of months and I'm gonna let them age. Buuuttt, I've been eyeballing the Marvel MC...ugh. Lol. That'll be my Sync goal next year. Thanks again Peeka!
Message 3 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

When I logged into PP using a pc I also had the “invitation to apply”. I applied for the PP Extras MC & was denied. Denial stated I didnt have any mortgage experience. Sync does not like my profile. Almost all my inquiries are from SYNC over the years though. Many have fallen off but I not once have gotten an approval for a SYNC card. Comenity on the other hand loves me “thankfully” but never gives me CLI 😂 Cant win.
Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Strictly marketing. I still get this when i login and i already have the PPMC 2% card. I would go for the cashback over the extras if you ever decide to apply.
Message 5 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CivalV wrote:
When I logged into PP using a pc I also had the “invitation to apply”. I applied for the PP Extras MC & was denied. Denial stated I didnt have any mortgage experience. Sync does not like my profile. Almost all my inquiries are from SYNC over the years though. Many have fallen off but I not once have gotten an approval for a SYNC card. Comenity on the other hand loves me “thankfully” but never gives me CLI 😂 Cant win.

It's not the lack of mortgage, that's just blah blah blah they are legally required to provide.

Most likely, your TU score is too low for them at the moment. 

Message 6 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

Thanks! I definitely wont be applying again even when my scores are high. I have my eyes set 2 specific cards. I probably wont qualify until the summer but I am being patient
Message 7 of 10
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

A true CC pre-approval/pre-qualification will have a distinct opt-out section that advises that you have the legal right to opt-out from receiving pre-approval offers and a brief outline of how you can opt-out of them moving forward.   This is true for both emailed and snail-mailed offers.  If there is no opt-out language in the notice it is simply a marketing-driven offer to apply, even if it includes a URL with a unique participation code.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 10
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

OP--If you decide to get one of the Pay-Pal M/Cs---get the 2% one because the rewards on the Extras card aren't that good. The points a only worth about .6 of 1 cpp. I was looking at redeeming mine for some gift cards--but a $50 card costs about 8300 pts.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if I were to apply, the 2% CB sounds A LOT better. Thanks for the info!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.