Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invited to Apply for the Petal CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Invited to Apply for the Petal CC

Looks like they sent a bunch of invites out Friday because I got one too. It was In my spam.

I remember a few weeks ago I got a survey which I filled out — basically asking you questions about credit and it said it wouldnt effect your application which I highly doubt. I thought I got an invite because of my survey responses.

Anyway I entered all my info and linked my bank/credit card accounts — site is absolute garbage juice btw — multiple errors over and over but I finally got through — it said I was pre approved and and I submitted the application....immediately got a hard pull from experian and I got an email saying thanks for the application and they need more time to review it and I should get an email with an update soon.

Will update later.
Message 11 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

5ms

Message 12 of 50
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Looks like they sent a bunch of invites out Friday because I got one too. It was In my spam.

I remember a few weeks ago I got a survey which I filled out — basically asking you questions about credit and it said it wouldnt effect your application which I highly doubt. I thought I got an invite because of my survey responses.

Anyway I entered all my info and linked my bank/credit card accounts — site is absolute garbage juice btw — multiple errors over and over but I finally got through — it said I was pre approved and and I submitted the application....immediately got a hard pull from experian and I got an email saying thanks for the application and they need more time to review it and I should get an email with an update soon.

Will update later.

Gotta ask why as you have alot better cc's already

Message 13 of 50
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Its blowing my mind people with good cards falling for this card. ( Heck, anyone for tgat matter) Why on earth should we give someone access to all our financials or accounts is beyond me. Id rather invite Lexus Nexus over to dinner and serve them some Blue stewSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 50
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Its blowing my mind people with good cards falling for this card. ( Heck, anyone for tgat matter) Why on earth should we give someone access to all our financials or accounts is beyond me. Id rather invite Lexus Nexus over to dinner and serve them some Blue stewSmiley Wink

Yep,

No one, and I mean no one, has my bank or CC login information. I guard that information with my life. It is in my bank safe only to be opened by a trusted family member if I'm either incapacitated or DEAD! 

I sure hope anyone who does this can de-link their bank account immediately.

I'm with AJC, I just don't get it!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity No reason — I just like applying for new accounts 😂

@AverageJoesCredit @CreditInspired I don’t see the big deal? I mean for your average joe like myself all they are gonna see is I send payments to Amazon a lot, I eat McDonald’s for lunch and take Uber’s to work too much.

They only have read access... I mean is it really that serious that they can see what I’m buying? Maybe I’m just dumb but I’d post my statements on this post — that’s how much it doesn’t mean anything to me. I get the privacy concern but for me it really isn’t an issue.
Message 16 of 50
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well good luckSmiley Happy At least we will have some data points to addSmiley Happy.
Message 17 of 50
BCGCredit
New Contributor

Just received the email. Did the prequal was approved. But I have about 19 new accounts in the last 2 years and about 8-9 inquiries on each bureau.   Any thoughts on should I apply? Also to answer 

Overstock 8.9K|VS 1.3K|Express 1K|Credit One 1.3K| Cap1 QS1 750|1st Premier 950|Cap1 Playstation 750|Target 800|PayPal 2% MC 700|Discover 6K|Nordstrom 4.8K|PayPal Credit 2K|AMEX DG 1K|

Message 18 of 50
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting process indeed.

So, for those who have gone through this process, what does Petal do "behind the scenes"?. Are individuals providing all their log-in credentials to the depository relationships they have with each bank (or just select ones)? Does Petal capture and retain the information only during that cycle of authentication/pre-qualification or more long term as long as one has the card? The privacy concern did cross mind in the event of a potential hack.
Message 19 of 50
BCGCredit
New Contributor

@FinStar. I provided just one bank.

Overstock 8.9K|VS 1.3K|Express 1K|Credit One 1.3K| Cap1 QS1 750|1st Premier 950|Cap1 Playstation 750|Target 800|PayPal 2% MC 700|Discover 6K|Nordstrom 4.8K|PayPal Credit 2K|AMEX DG 1K|

Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.