Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invited to Apply for the Petal CC

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Invited to Apply for the Petal CC

Thanks for the reply @BCGCredit.

I'm assuming you allow them to login during the pre-qualification process, the capture deposit and transaction data and then they no longer have access to your banking information or is it pretty much they can view banking information anytime?
Message 21 of 50
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Can anyone tell me about the benefits if this card and what makes it attractive compared to what else is out there? Thanks
Message 22 of 50
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It's Petal @AverageJoesCredit! 😁 It loves me, it loves me not, it loves me,it loves me not...

Yeah, I would agree, for anyone that has a pretty mature profile with decent products, this would seem like a step backwards, to an extent I suppose.
Message 23 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's invite only, it must be good if it's invite only!

Surrendering your banking log in credentials to a website that looks like it was designed and run by some guy from mom's basement, I mean what could possibly go wrong?

Message 24 of 50
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Perhaps it's akin to the recent Luxury Black card offer I received; $495. AF, so-so benefits but looks really cool.. gigglesign.gif

I say this in jest as I don't know the details of the Petal card but to me, it doesn't matter. There aren't any benefits that would convince me to give up log in details for ALL my financial accounts.. hornetpoke.gif

Message 25 of 50
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

C'mon Pika, the Luxory Black card is LUXURIOUSSmiley Happy Its not like the are asking for $500 AFSmiley Wink
Message 26 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What can I say? I’m a thrillseeker. Maybe when the class action data breach suit comes I’ll get a free Petal card as compensation.

You both make perfectly valid points of course. I guess my curiosity got the better of me. C’est la plastique.

I am a thrill seeker because I do lots of adrenaline activities (skydiving, jetpacking, canyoneering, etc.) but I don't include giving out my credit info to others.
I just want to say thank you for trying though and sorry you weren't approved.

Message 27 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for $2,000 ... highest CL of any credit card I got.

Message 28 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@highrep87 was that instant approval or did you have to wait?

I’m still waiting for them to update me to see if I actually got approved or not (I was pre approved).
Message 29 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was instant approval

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.