cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Barclay instant denial a HP or SP ?

tag
Neeks

Is Barclay instant denial a HP or SP ?

I read somewhere that AMEX instant denial is a SP..that that true ? Also what about barclay, is the instant denial only a SP ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Barclay instant denial a HP or SP ?

hp 100% ...call recon number can be found through a search on this forum...

Message 2 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Not for Barclays.  If you apply and are denied it is definitely a HP.  For AMEX, the majority of the time it's a SP if you're already an existing AMEX Centurion cardholder.

Message 3 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

sorry i was only answering for barclay

Message 4 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Barclay always HP

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

UNLESS you have past baddies with Juniper or Barclay and recently we have seen a couple including myself get instant denials and NO HP was done because they system kicked it out.

Message 6 of 8
Neeks

So this is what I want to try, but not sure if it will work.

I have the Barclay arrival card. I am interested in the arrival plus. I called the customer service and they informed me I cannot upgrade to the arrival plus. I would need to first close the arrival then put in a brand new application for the arrival plus. This would definately be a HP. They said if i tried to apply for the arrival plus while still having the arrival, I would get an instant denial.

Now my question is, is that instant denial a HP or SP ? If its a SP can i recon it to then close my arrival and move limits over to the arrival plus ? Just a thought. Would love some feedback.

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Neeks wrote:

So this is what I want to try, but not sure if it will work.

I have the Barclay arrival card. I am interested in the arrival plus. I called the customer service and they informed me I cannot upgrade to the arrival plus. I would need to first close the arrival then put in a brand new application for the arrival plus. This would definately be a HP. They said if i tried to apply for the arrival plus while still having the arrival, I would get an instant denial.

Now my question is, is that instant denial a HP or SP ? If its a SP can i recon it to then close my arrival and move limits over to the arrival plus ? Just a thought. Would love some feedback.

It doesn't matter rather the computer takes the hp and denies you and you call in for recon or if it denies you with no hp and then you call in because they will take the same hp before talking about moving the CL and closing the old account.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.