Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?

I was turned down for a CLI by Citi because I'd had a CLI less than 6 months earlier.

Is this rule firm?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?

I did my semi annual CLI requests earlier this week for my DC and Premier at what i thought was the 6 month mark. I must have beeen off by a day or two on when my previous CLI's were, so I got the message that it had not been six months yet since my last increase.

I waited a few days, tried again and the CLI increase went through.

Message 2 of 23
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Yes

Message 3 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

For the most part, yes.
Message 4 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did my semi annual CLI requests earlier this week for my DC and Premier at what i thought was the 6 month mark. I must have beeen off by a day or two on when my previous CLI's were, so I got the message that it had not been six months yet since my last increase.

So it's not only firm, it's rigid Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very much so!

I thought my last cli was 9/1 of last year, so at the first of this month I tried....and failed. Waited until Monday, and was approved on both.

I'd wait it out a few more days, I'm sure you'll get it then

Message 6 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very much so!

I thought my last cli was 9/1 of last year, so at the first of this month I tried....and failed. Waited until Monday, and was approved on both.

I have another 4 months to go.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very much so!

I have another 4 months to go.

Ohhhhhh....a rabble rouser!! Wow, way to push the envelope! I like it!!   Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 23
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I would say yes for the most part. In December I was able to get a CLI on my Premier at the 3 month mark, but that hasn't been my usual experience with Citi.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they are firm at the 6 months.  I tried a day before and got denied Smiley Wink.... tried again two days later and they added $3,000.  I chatted them and the CSR I spoke to advised to do the first day following the 6 month mark to be sure.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.