cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PayPal credit really worth getting ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is PayPal credit really worth getting ?

Their own wording on the increases is crappy too. You don't have to max out your account to get an increase, I did… with a starting limit only 1200. Ive never charged more than 500 since. One cool thing about using it with eBay, anywhere now… is you can buy a whole bunch of smaller things at once and it qualifies as a $99. Pay off your purchases early, they do come. Im at 3600 now.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Their own wording on the increases is crappy too. You don't have to max out your account to get an increase, I did… with a starting limit only 1200. Ive never charged more than 500 since. One cool thing about using it with eBay, anywhere now… is you can buy a whole bunch of smaller things at once and it qualifies as a $99. Pay off your purchases early, they do come. Im at 3600 now.

Did they increase yours with an auto cli?

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. 1200 to 2500 to 3600, a few of them. I've had it a long time though. Over 3 years
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other thing I like is if you get the PayPal Mastercard Debit paired with PayPal Credit, you extend where all you can use that financing. Then you can work it like a regular credit card. My househould we work it for purchases over $199 especially since our Blispay accounts are now reporting to EX. Link up the PayPal Mastercard debit and it's a lovely playing field.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm scared to set mine up like that that it is going to pull out of my bank account. how do you ensure that it always uses pp credit?
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I wasn't on my cell right now I would send screen shots go into settings and make it your default card and make sure you set the default for that to the ppc line. I'll try to update with screenshots once I'm back in the house
Message 16 of 19
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Down side is, you can't ask for a cli... you have to try and buy something, they do a sp, and either approve the purchase over your current cl, or decline.

No way to request, that I'm aware of anyways.

Not true.  I called and asked for a CLI, was increased to $10k. from $5k, and it was a SP  Started at $900 about 3 years ago.

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 17 of 19
brother7
Established Contributor

Of my 14 or so cards, there are 4-5 that I wish I never opened. The PayPal Extras Mastercard is one of them.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 18 of 19
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@brother7 wrote:

Of my 14 or so cards, there are 4-5 that I wish I never opened. The PayPal Extras Mastercard is one of them.

We arent talking about PayPal Extras.. we are talking about PayPal Credit (AKA BillMeLater)... with the 0$ deferred offers and a hidden tradeline....

This is one of those times you want the "store card" vs the regular card...

You can even attach it to a real debit card and it behaves like a CC...

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.