cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is now a good time to grab an Apple Card?

tag
ghector
Valued Member

Is now a good time to grab an Apple Card?

Hi! I want to grab an Apple Card to buy a new M1 (for 3% or 12month 0%) and wondering if now is a good time to get one or if I should wait. I largely ignored my credit for a long time and apparently (long story short), I now have excellent credit and trying to take advantage of it in a responsible way. So, I'm learning, which includes "timing" of credit applications.

I grabbed a Sapphire back in June and got an $18K limit and it's the only inquiry on my credit report. 

810 Experian Fico 8.

6% credit usage.

No idea on Transunion score, but the report is similar to the Experian (which I pay for the monitoring service.)

thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is now a good time to grab an Apple Card?

Well the good thing is that Apple does a "soft pull" prequalify for the card. You could als ways run it and see what they say! Word of warning, the shipping times on the new MBP's are very long! 

Message 2 of 6
collics
Established Contributor

I just want to highlight how I wish I could be at this point in life lmao

"I largely ignored my credit for a long time and apparently (long story short), I now have excellent credit"

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 3 of 6
ghector
Valued Member

Wait till you hear the story though.. how about "largely ignored it becaus it was always bad, and then discovered my score was in the mid 500s in *february 2021*,, and then... "  Smiley Very Happy

@collics wrote:

I just want to highlight how I wish I could be at this point in life lmao

"I largely ignored my credit for a long time and apparently (long story short), I now have excellent credit"

Message 4 of 6
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@collics This forum is as if we were enrolling up in a new gym for the first time; without first having known what it took to be in good shape; this membership separates the ones who take care of the health of their credit and those who are not interested. We are on the right track to achieve the success of +800 pros. bodies.

thought that was a funny analogy.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.