cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is now the time to apply for Amex Delta card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-approved for Amex Delta Gold...CL before applying?

Just the opposite actually. Chase doesn’t like being your first higher-limit card. If they see you already have one (or more) and do well with it, they’re more likely to approve you for one of theirs.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just the opposite actually. Chase doesn’t like being your first higher-limit card. If they see you already have one (or more) and do well with it, they’re more likely to approve you for one of theirs.

Perfect...maybe I'll swallow hard and just apply for the thing!

Message 12 of 20
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Wouldn’t it be great to be able to know the CL ahead of time? That would save me so many apps over the years lol Unfortunately there’s no way to do it. Assuming your score/profile isn’t in terrible shape, I wouldn’t think Amex would give you a toy limit. Only one way to find out, though! The good news is that Amex cards grow quite well, so if you can use the card, go for it. Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Gold SUB Increase Question

If the SUB offer for the Amex Delta Gold card is different on the Amex site when logged in than it is on the Delta site (Delta is more), and I'm pre-approved for the card on Amex site, will it still be a SP if I apply through the Delta site and anywhere the apply link takes me to?  Will I still get the better SUB offered on the Delta site?

Message 14 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Delta Gold SUB Increase Question

If you're currently an AmEx customer (i.e. established history for ~6 months or longer) then it should typically be a SP, but as with anything YEMV.

As far as the SUB, I would go with the highest featured promotion. So, if it's on the Delta website, then apply from that source.
Message 15 of 20
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

I was asking about the 5K limit because that's the minimum CL for CSP and Chase seems to like for you to have another established card with a limit that high. I think you'd probably be ok to app for the CF either way, very iffy IMO on the CSP. If you want to get another card I'd go for the CF right now to get in the door with Chase.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jamws3332 what was your score wen u got approved for the gold Amex ?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Jamws3332 what was your score wen u got approved for the gold Amex ?

I don't remember exactly but I think in the 700-710 range.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Wouldn’t it be great to be able to know the CL ahead of time? That would save me so many apps over the years lol Unfortunately there’s no way to do it. Assuming your score/profile isn’t in terrible shape, I wouldn’t think Amex would give you a toy limit. Only one way to find out, though! The good news is that Amex cards grow quite well, so if you can use the card, go for it. Good luck!

If only we could see the future!! +1 to this!

Message 19 of 20
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
No. Do you have any prior AMEX relationship? Are you scores held down by anything?

I think the lowest CL for that card is $1000.

$500 is the lowest limit, but I haven't seen one of those in about a year. Everyone keeps getting $1000.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.