cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an option for a card with 0% (or even better a balance transfer) for ~640-670 credit

tag
BOSScredit
Regular Contributor

Is there an option for a card with 0% (or even better a balance transfer) for ~640-670 credit

Hi all! Due to recent events Ive had some credit card debt pile up on a 0% card that is soon about to be 26% interest. The good news is I have a big raise in May and I should be able to pay off the debt very shortly after.

A couple of my unused accounts closed on me (my fault I know) and now my revolving credit available has taken a massive plunge as well as my score going from low 700s to mid 600s. So now my chances at a card with 0% apr are much much lower.

I was hoping to get a card with 0% APR or balance transfer in which I can put my monthly expenses on responsibly until I pay off my high interest card. I dont really care for rewards I just prefer a card with 0%.

Thank you so much for reading.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Is there an option for a card with 0% (or even better a balance transfer) for ~640-670 credit

Knowing the ballpark of the transfer needed. We can be of more help.

You have the Citi Simplicity, BofA Americard as well as the Amex Everyday with BT offers.

Williams Sonoma Visa has zero fee transfer offers.
Message 2 of 8
BOSScredit
Regular Contributor

Re: Is there an option for a card with 0% (or even better a balance transfer) for ~640-670 credit

Hi thanks for the reply! A BT of around 3,000 should be sufficient. But honestly I think just having a card with a decent limit (5,000) so i can put my monthly living expenses on it for several months would be fine too.
Message 3 of 8
BOSScredit
Regular Contributor

Yes actually reconsidering, I need a card with 0% to put monthly expenses on, while I pay down my high interest cards while waiting for my income and raise to catch up and hopefully be credit debt free within the year!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It. 14 months 0% purchases and BT but they have a 3% fee.

I would check their prequal before doing anything else.

The problem is that you might not get a large limit from them, especially if your utilization is too high elsewhere. 640-670 is generally indicative of credit problems. Are these your FICO scores and if so, what negative history do you have?

Have you looked into credit union cards? I would normally suggest NFCU but the Platinum only comes with 0% with no fee on BT, purchases don’t have an intro APR rate.
Message 5 of 8
BOSScredit
Regular Contributor

0 missed payments. My score has been in the high 700s before. It really is the utilization that has become a problem. I also have too many inquiries recently. Dont you need to be in the military for NFCU?
Message 6 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@BOSScredit wrote:
Yes actually reconsidering, I need a card with 0% to put monthly expenses on, while I pay down my high interest cards while waiting for my income and raise to catch up and hopefully be credit debt free within the year!

You need to drop the utilization somewhat before applying for a new card. 

Maybe try a local credit union

Message 7 of 8
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@BOSScredit

Without knowing what cards you currently have...

The BoA Cash Rewards has a (0% - 12 months BT and purchases) as well as a spend bonus

Citi Simplicity has the longest BT (0% - 21 months BT and 0% - 12 months purchases) - the problem with this card is that it doesn't PC to anything else later on. You're stuck with it after the BT.

ABoC Platinum has (0% - 12 month BT and purchases) and a spend bonus; also 3.75% categories rewards

Chase Freedom has (0% - 15 month BT and purchases) if you are within the 5/24 rule ; and 5% categories rewards and spend bonus

Like mentioned before, it really depends on your profile, inquiry count, and new accts. in last 6-12 months

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.