Current Score (TU Walmart): 676
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is this a No? (Citi Secured Card)

Not mecessarily. They may just want to verify you via letter.
Message 2 of 9
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

No, definitely not. This is exactly what happened with my application in September of last year. Treat them right, pay your bill on time and in full, and you'll be in an entirely different situation next year this time!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 3 of 9
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

So this is standard process? If denied would there have been a more of non-cryptic message.....Such as "We regret to inform you....." Lol! I dont like being in limbo.

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Takes about a week for their secured decision. If they pull the money, you are approved
Message 5 of 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Yep....just wait and see if they take the money out of your account......I have seen some take a week to two to get approved!

Message 6 of 9
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

I received another email stating further verification was needed and to call. Not two minutes after opening the email a Citi rep called to very income and housing payment. He ended the call stating the secured department will now review my application.

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726

Message 7 of 9
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@buildingitbackup wrote:

C1.jpg

Not necessarily. I recieved the same message. It took almost a week, but citi sent out a letter for me to call and verify my identity. Once I did that, I was approved. Try giving them a call to follow up .  Good Luck!

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they do not pull your money within a day or two from the call verification, more than likely you are denied. I have no idea why they are do difficult.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.