Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a actual 5th 3rd Preapproval

tag
combatmedic2107
New Contributor

Is this a actual 5th 3rd Preapproval

I got this email from them.  They hold my mortgage.  Thoughts?

5th3rd.JPG

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this a actual 5th 3rd Preapproval

I don't know about 5/3 specifically, but usually solid pre-approval list a specific APR, not a range. Some banks will use APR ranges for pre-approved if you're on the edge of being approved. Unless someone replies with more specific info about 5/3, I would assume this to be marketing rather than pre-approved.
Message 2 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, that is an actual pre-approved offer, but with 5/3 it's still subject to review for a final decision. If your profile has considerably changed since the offer was generated (i.e. when your CR listed the SP as a PRM), then potentially it's a 50/50 outcome. There have been denials even with offers like these.

That being said, if your profile is solid and can support the approval, go for it.
Message 3 of 9
BH1985
Regular Contributor

That's funny. I got the same exact offer from 5/3 in the mail today. I only have a checking account with them that's been open since January.

Message 4 of 9
combatmedic2107
New Contributor

If you apply , please post stats

Message 5 of 9
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

I got that same offer in the mail today.  I have no relationship with 5th 3rd.  I, too, would be interested in what kind of credit limit you get if you get the card.  0% for 15 months sounds interesting.

Message 6 of 9
combatmedic2107
New Contributor

I went ahead a applied. I have to wait 24-48 hrs before I know anything,  We will see what happens.

Message 7 of 9
combatmedic2107
New Contributor

I called and only 500 SL. Lowest credit limit. Hopefully it will grow.
Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval @combatmedic2107.

Locking this thread as you have been approved.  Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.