cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this verbiage from CITI indicative of a hard pull?

tag
collics
Established Contributor

Is this verbiage from CITI indicative of a hard pull?

For a CLI on an EXXON card 

9775DDC3-C68B-486B-BAFF-66B42155259A.jpeg

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Is this verbiage from CITI indicative of a hard pull?

Yes, it is. The language is different and will explicitly state that there will be no hard pull with instant decision. Logged into my wife's Premier to show you what it looks like

Screenshot_20211023-174134_Chrome.jpg

Message 2 of 11
collics
Established Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Yes, it is. The language is different and will explicitly state that there will be no hard pull with instant decision. Logged into my wife's Premier to show you what it looks like

So good to know! Thank you!!

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 3 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You're welcome

Message 4 of 11
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Yes it is as @simplynoir said. In the time since I have had my Exxon Credit Card 2+ years. I have only received one auto cli from $500 to $700. I have requested a cli in the past I think twice and it is always a HP. I sd mine and might let them close it. My DH also has one and when he has applied for a cli in the past it's always been a HP too.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 5 of 11
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

My experience with the Exxon card is hard pull for cli's... I received instant decisions to $2,500 limit, when I tried to get more I get a prompt to call a number... the people I have spoken with all have made statements that sound like they can't understand why anyone would need more than $2,500 credit limit on a gas card.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir wrote:

Just FYI - this type of splash screen is not typically displayed on Citi Retail cards.  The above is specific to Citi legacy cards (example above for Premier).

@collics -- most Citi Retail cards are going to be HP when you submit for a CLI request. This includes Exxon/Mobil, OfficeMax, Home Depot, Best Buy, Shell, etc.

Message 7 of 11
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Just FYI - this type of splash screen is not typically displayed on Citi Retail cards.  The above is specific to Citi legacy cards (example above for Premier).

@collics -- most Citi Retail cards are going to be HP when you submit for a CLI request. This includes Exxon/Mobil, OfficeMax, Home Depot, Best Buy, Shell, etc.

@FinStar  One of the reasons I love this forum and why I always peruse through the posts is informative data points such as this:

"most Citi Retail cards are going to be HP when you submit for a CLI request. This includes Exxon/Mobil, OfficeMax, Home Depot, Best Buy, Shell, etc."

In the not to near future I know I will be going for a Home Depot or Lowes credit card and will want it to definitely grow but now that I see that all cli requests on a citi Home Depot card could generate a HP they are 90% out the picture.

Message 8 of 11
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Add Staples and Meijer/Meijer MC to this as well, as ALL of their CLI requests are HPs (per their phone rep).

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 9 of 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@collics wrote:

For a CLI on an EXXON card 

9775DDC3-C68B-486B-BAFF-66B42155259A.jpeg

Admittingly too lazy to look Smiley LOL OP, are there any perks for the Exxon Card (Cash back, etc.) that make it worth having?

Potential Future Cards
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.