Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's bad when you plan recon ahead...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's bad when you plan recon ahead...

One day, not in the short run, I will try to get in with Barclay as I start to straddle that no man's land between toy and normal cards. After getting a decent approval, I'll start targeting other prime cards. I get reimbursed for my MBA expenses by my employer. I need savings to float the money, however. I opened a Barclay savings account to park this money and will be adding to it systematically with recurring contributions.

Do you think that if I get into a recon situation with them that I could mention that I have a savings deposit relationship with them and that I really enjoy their product/CS and that was part of my motivation in selecting them as a credit card provider?

Again- not going to jump the gun, and hopefully I'll be approved without recon when the time comes. Just thought I would think through all the possibilities and things that I could leverage.

Thanks for your thoughts, sages. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's bad when you plan recon ahead...

@Anonymous wrote:

One day, not in the short run, I will try to get in with Barclay as I start to straddle that no man's land between toy and normal cards. After getting a decent approval, I'll start targeting other prime cards. I get reimbursed for my MBA expenses by my employer. I need savings to float the money, however. I opened a Barclay savings account to park this money and will be adding to it systematically with recurring contributions.

Do you think that if I get into a recon situation with them that I could mention that I have a savings deposit relationship with them and that I really enjoy their product/CS and that was part of my motivation in selecting them as a credit card provider?

Again- not going to jump the gun, and hopefully I'll be approved without recon when the time comes. Just thought I would think through all the possibilities and things that I could leverage.

might be tough getting approved by barclyas with your current scores..

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure, you definitely can/should mention that you have a bank account with them.  How much difference that makes is open to debate as you are dealing with two completely departments within the bank.  As for the snoozing about their products it certainly can't hurt.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

might be tough getting approved by barclyas with your current scores..

+1 lol

Sure, that's why  I noted that this wouldn't be any time soon. I'm thinking in the long run. I have a bunch of stuff that's being deleted and some good things that will start reporting soon. Planning FAR ahead. Smiley Happy I agree with your comment. Just thinking ahead in this chess game of credit.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, you definitely can/should mention that you have a bank account with them.  How much difference that makes is open to debate as you are dealing with two completely departments within the bank.  As for the snoozing about their products it certainly can't hurt.

Thanks, Irish. I figured it would be a nice subtle touch. I don't think it would be a game changer. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.