cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jetblue plus, not instant approval :( am I doomed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jetblue plus, not instant approval :( am I doomed?

My scores are around 750 with 3 personal CCs and 1 Business cc, all of which I had instant approvals of 10k+

My most recent card was 1 month ago for business but all my other personal cards I applied for 2+ years ago.

Why did they say they need to review further? Am I doomed!?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jetblue plus, not instant approval :( am I doomed?

OP, no need to think the worst. You can periodically check the status of your application online. Or, you can also call the Barclays backdoor number for further direction.

Any number of things could've triggered that response, anything from further verification protocols, manual review, etc.

Just temper your expectations and be aware that not all decisions are instant.

If you are curious, reach out to them.
Message 2 of 6
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

Did you try to call Barclays? There are a couple of backdoor numbers listed on this site. 

For example, it's possible that your application got stuck in their separate Security department, in which case they will ask you to mail your IDs and proof of address. It appears that they have been doing this more frequently recently. In that case, it may actually be a good sign.

Thanks!!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! Just tried to call - they said it's still under review and to call back by EOB if I dont hear anything.
Message 4 of 6
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

It's pretty much the norm theses days, give it 12 to 24 hours.
Lot's of guys getting the same message and the majority all getting approved after a little wait.
IMO, the fact it wasn't an instant denial is a positive.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all! Just had bad luck when not instantly approved - I am still not sure how credit approvals works ! I've been denied on cards(after a wait) that my friend was instantly approved on and I've been approved for SL 3 times the amount of that same friend on other cards because my credit rating is a bit higher.

I'll be patient!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.