Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a Question of Time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a Question of Time

Happy Friday FICO family!! I was wondering if I could get your input, seeing as I am feeling a bit unsure of myself.

I want to apply for a new credit card soon, and here are the cards I am eyeing:

AMEX Platinum Card (Experian pull)

Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard (TransUnion pull)

I will for sure apply for the AMEX, for I will be able to spend thousands on the card since I purchase food and gas from Costco, and I travel internationally at least once a year (I’m actually going back to Europe next month), and travel a few times domestically per year. The Barclay’s card, I’m not too sure if I should apply at all. I already have a World MasterCard with Citi, and I will about earn about the same cash value of rewards with the Citi DC WMC – I am still on the fence as to how I will incorporate Arrival + WEMC into my strategy.

My question and concern are what are my chances of being approved for these cards? I know that I sound crazy, but I haven’t applied for a credit card since April 2012 (Bloomindales), and before that it was June 2005 (Macy*s and Capital One)!!! I guess you can say that I am a minimalist when it comes to credit cards.

My FICO scores as of 11/12/14:  

EX FICO 08: 785

EQ FICO 08: 785  

TU FICO 08: 779

I have ZERO baddies, perfect repayment history, student loans (in deferment), and a car loan (paid off) on my credit report if they are looking for diverse credit.

AAoA – 7 years 7 months

Util: 11.75%

Inquiries: ZERO on EX, EQ, and TU

Again I know I am crazy, it’s just that I have a feeling that I will be DENIED for AMEX or Barclays if I app. I don’t plan on apping for another two weeks.

*Sorry I wanted to name my thread after a Depeche Mode song*

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just a Question of Time

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy Friday FICO family!! I was wondering if I could get your input, seeing as I am feeling a bit unsure of myself.

I want to apply for a new credit card soon, and here are the cards I am eyeing:

AMEX Platinum Card (Experian pull)

Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard (TransUnion pull)

I will for sure apply for the AMEX, for I will be able to spend thousands on the card since I purchase food and gas from Costco, and I travel internationally at least once a year (I’m actually going back to Europe next month), and travel a few times domestically per year. The Barclay’s card, I’m not too sure if I should apply at all. I already have a World MasterCard with Citi, and I will about earn about the same cash value of rewards with the Citi DC WMC – I am still on the fence as to how I will incorporate Arrival + WEMC into my strategy.

My question and concern are what are my chances of being approved for these cards? I know that I sound crazy, but I haven’t applied for a credit card since April 2012 (Bloomindales), and before that it was June 2005 (Macy*s and Capital One)!!! I guess you can say that I am a minimalist when it comes to credit cards.

My FICO scores as of 11/12/14:  

EX FICO 08: 785

EQ FICO 08: 785  

TU FICO 08: 779

I have ZERO baddies, perfect repayment history, student loans (in deferment), and a car loan (paid off) on my credit report if they are looking for diverse credit.

AAoA – 7 years 7 months

Util: 11.75%

Inquiries: ZERO on EX, EQ, and TU

Again I know I am crazy, it’s just that I have a feeling that I will be DENIED for AMEX or Barclays if I app. I don’t plan on apping for another two weeks.

Why not both and get em out of the way.

If you get denied i'll be......very surprised.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not both and get em out of the way.

If you get denied i'll be......very surprised.

I am for sure applying for AMEX, right now I have not firgured out how to incorporate the Barclays card into my strategy. 

Message 3 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You wont be denied with that profile

Message 4 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

you have some great scores there, you'll be approved no problem. Do the barcly first since they could be finicky about inquires but you don't have any so it shouldn't matter 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes. no disagreements here. you can pretty much get whichever card you want. with a profile like that. with no problem. chances of denial. very vvery very slim. on any card.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your reasurance, and I will keep you posted, once I app in two weeks. 

Message 7 of 9
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

^^^

*after amex plat.... get an invite for the black card and have a "black celebration . . . tonight"

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

^^^

*after amex plat.... get an invite for the black card and have a "black celebration . . . tonight"

LOVVEESSSSSSSS ITTTTTT!!!! Heart

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.