cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just accepted Apple Card offer last Tuesday - too soon to try for another card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just accepted Apple Card offer last Tuesday - too soon to try for another card?

I've had my Chase Freedom Unlimited for 9-10 months and just signed up for the Apple Card last Tuesday.

Right now the only other card I'd like to go for is the Costco Citi card. Im wondering if it would be a good idea to go for it now - before the new account is reported on my CR, or wait 3-6 months.

Apple Card dropped my TU 11 pts. to 767, EQ at 745

0% utilization on the Chase (As well on Apple but it hasnt appeared yet on my account)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Just accepted Apple Card offer last Tuesday - too soon to try for another card?

How many inquiries do you have? If your inquiries are fairly low, and you haven’t opened more than those two recently, then just go for that last card now. 

Good luck! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just accepted Apple Card offer last Tuesday - too soon to try for another card?

As long as you don’t have more than 6 inquiries in the last 6 months, Citi Costco should be fine. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get your real FICO scores. Particularly your EX since that’s what Citi uses.

www.experian.com

do the $1 trial then cancel.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one I’ve applied for since the Chase was the Apple Card. That’s only one showing up on CK’s site and only showing on TU.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian will show the FICO?

I’m going to do it - anything on there that would warn me not to apply for the Costco card?

Edit: Experian site says 726 Fico 8 score. 0% utilization, 1 open account, 1 inquiry
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Long as you’re ok under the provisions the others mentioned, you should be good.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied.
Message 8 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Smiley Sad

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the denial letter from them recently:

Reason for denial:
- Your credit report shows insufficient credit history.
- There is a lack of recent installment loan information on your credit report.

Back page shows 737 as my score (10 points higher than my Experian showed before applying), then also lists what adversely affected my score... too few accounts rated current, the length of time accounts have been established on the report, and too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

Is there any benefit in me calling them? I gotta wait till I get a mortgage to apply again?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.