cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just accepted Apple Card offer last Tuesday - too soon to try for another card?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Just accepted Apple Card offer last Tuesday - too soon to try for another card?

You can call, although Citi isn't really known for great recon results. It's worth a try though. They are typically pretty strict with the Costco card though.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just accepted Apple Card offer last Tuesday - too soon to try for another card?

Sorry to see you weren't approved. For whatever reason they are stingy with that Costco card. I've had a bestbuy visa (Citibank) for almost a year started at 5k and now it's up to 10.
I applied for a Costco card and got denied. I then applied for a Home Depot (Citibank) card and was approved for 5k. Charged 1k and paid it back in full (multiple payments) exactly 3 months I requested and was approved for an additional 5k.

I'm still afraid 😫 to apply for that Costco card 🤣. I just can't build up the nerve to try right again 😂
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Got the denial letter from them recently:

Reason for denial:
- Your credit report shows insufficient credit history.
- There is a lack of recent installment loan information on your credit report.

Back page shows 737 as my score (10 points higher than my Experian showed before applying), then also lists what adversely affected my score... too few accounts rated current, the length of time accounts have been established on the report, and too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

Is there any benefit in me calling them? I gotta wait till I get a mortgage to apply again?

I think these reasons can be argued on recon. It's at least worth a try.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.