cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KOHL'S CLI Caution - Received Hard Pull!

tag
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

KOHL'S CLI Caution - Received Hard Pull!

So, requested a CLI via LUV on Kohl's a few weeks ago once I hit my 6 months since open date.  Received standard response in brower that could not approve at this time.  Two weeks later I get an altert from TU stating a new inquiry has hit my report.  I login to my account and see that I've got a whopping increase to $700!

Not much dialouge on here with respect to HP CLIs with Kohl's using their LUV button.  Mostly what I have seen is that it's usually an SP.  Just wanted to put this caution out there.  

I can say that I won't be hitting that button in the future and will likely be closing the account after we purchase first home next year.  Really only got it for the discounts anyway but have come to learn their clothes generally are pretty poor or marked up way to high prior to the discount.

Smiley Frustrated   Smiley Frustrated   Smiley Frustrated   Smiley Frustrated   

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: KOHL'S CLI Caution - Received Hard Pull!

Thanks for sharing! Thats good to know! From what I read on this site, seems like the Kohls limits are pretty small in relation to other cards, even compared to other dept. store cards.

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch! I've received 2 CLIs from them so far and haven't had a HP yet - good thing I have no plans to request another increase anytime soon Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, my wife and I both have accounts, and both had the same 6-month 300 to 700  luv button CLIs towards the end of April. Neither of us received hard pulls - just instant increases.

Message 4 of 28
satasat360
Regular Contributor

AFAIK all the cobranded capital one customer initiated CLI requests are hard pull

Starting Score: 669
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 28
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Thanks for posting. I've received 2 CLI's from Kohl's and both were SP's. I won't be requesting anything more until my gardening time is over.

More than enough credit.
Message 6 of 28
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Interesting. I requested a CLI last month and was denied, no HP at that time. Funny thing is a week after denial they gave me an auto CLI from $1k to $3k, they are definitely a strange one.
Message 7 of 28
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

I requested a CLI online about two weeks ago and instantly approved doubling my CL. No hard pull at all on any of my reports.

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 8 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I sympathize with that frustration. Thru reading many posts over the months i've yet to see that card with anymore of a limit then say a Target Store card and the CLI's seem to be just as elusive too.

Pity too. I often pass right by a Kohl's in a nearby shopping mall since i tend to be a little more loyal toward stores that offer a reasonable line on their cards to shop there with. The discounts are always a plus too.

Message 9 of 28
RonM21
Valued Contributor

This is why it is always best for us to never forget that anything can be a HP at any time, even if a trend with a lender shows otherwise. It's hard to swallow when you're not expecting it, that's for sure.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.