Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl’s PreApproval Site Approved Me. Should I Apply

tag
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Kohl’s PreApproval Site Approved Me. Should I Apply

Hello,

I did the Kohl’s preApproval app and was approved with an approval number. I have received an email advising I have 30 days to apply with that approval number. They will give me 30% off after approval and I think another percentage once I receive the card. Should I apply? This is a card I would use considering I have a 7-year old and the coupons are good. How reliable are the approvals from Kohl’s especially after receiving the email reminder?

I have pulls in the last 2 months:

TU - 0
EX - 2
EQ - 1

I think there may be one pull on TU not showing up yet from CAP1. All three reports say I have a thin file.

Thanks

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Kohl’s PreApproval Site Approved Me. Should I Apply

Your chances are good, you might get a low SL, but their pre-approvals have been from what Ive seen, good. Their coupons are great and can be used on top on their sales too! IF this is a card you'd use, then it would be a good one for you.
Message 2 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thanks. That’s what I was hoping to hear. I won’t overuse it, but they have decent coupons to help with school clothes.

Thanks 😃

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with @Pizza1. I love my Kohl’s card. With 3 kids it’s a huge help - you can’t beat it when you combine their sales and Kohl’s cash with cardholder discounts. The mobile site is very basic, no frills, but easy to use and interpret. Painless card to have and use and it’s definitely the last store card I have that I’d ever close.
Message 4 of 21
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I would be shocked if you didn’t get it. If you really could use it, go for it! It may (or may not) start small, but I’ve heard good stories about those cards growing well. Good luck! We’ll see you in Approvals!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Exactly what I was thinking with coupons and dealing with summer camp + back to school. Thanks for the encouragement. Good to be able to count on this community. This is the best thing I have done in my rebuild was joining myFICO!

Message 6 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Small is ok. I’m watching my budget and using my cards for things I normally purchase anyway. Not buying anything I would not normally purchase.

Thanks

Message 7 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

No instant approval on Kohl’s so I assume I’ll get a letter in the mail. Just wasted a Pull. After they sent email reminder for being prequalified I thought that was a good sign.

Message 8 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
 Just wasted a Pull.  

Maybe not, is there a number you can call?  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

I maybe could try the number at the bottom of the prequalified email. Not sure if that the correct one. I did the prequalify site just looking around. After it prequalified me I thought maybe I should. Then they sent me the reminder email so that’s when I came into the community to get advice (which is what I thought too. I agreed with everyone). So I did the app. Got a screen that says your application is being processed you will receive a call or something by mail ???

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.