Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL/24 Approvals???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOL/24 Approvals???

Getting Disney card won't stop you from getting IHG card as neither is affected by 5/24. Amex, Citi and B of A don't care about lol/24 either. Sadly Barclay seems to now have a 5/24 rule.
Message 21 of 32
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Barclay's does not have a 5/24. They have something more on the line of 4/24 w/ 2/6 Anti-Spree. They literally are more Tightwad than Tightwad Bank. If you have a dozen lenders and Barclay's is in that list you can safely watch them only as an example of what the whole dozen will do since Barclay's will be the first to do AA.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 22 of 32
TheAuthorizedUser
New Contributor

Does the Disney Chase bypass 5/24?

Garden Life: 4.01.20
Leaving Garden: 1.15.22
Updated: 4.15.20

Message 23 of 32
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Didn't inquiries pile up?

If this many appovals in just 2 years, wouldn't that be a lot of inquiries too?

Message 24 of 32
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@TheAuthorizedUser wrote:

It used to. As of last fall that's no longer the case.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 25 of 32
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Didn't inquiries pile up?

If this many appovals in just 2 years, wouldn't that be a lot of inquiries too?

Yes, but as you develop a thick aged profile underwriters tend to get less fazed by the number of inquiries than by the number of new accounts, and even then many issuers won't bat an eyelash if you have a strong history and decent income. (FWIW, I'm down to 50/24 at the moment)

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 26 of 32
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Lol 😂

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheAuthorizedUser wrote:

It definitely wont.  I got an offer for the card in the mail.  Had to enter my name, invitation number and zip code to verify I was the one who got the offer.  Applied and denied for number of new  accounts in 24 months.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm at 4/24 (two store cards, a secured card that will never graduate, and one "real bank" card—a Discover). All my old cards were closed in my recent financial misfortune, so I start from square one. 

If 6/24 is in LOL territory, I'll be there soon! I hope to pick up some more "real" cards by the end of the year. (It all will depend on my circumstances at that time!) I'm hoping to snag some sort of 1.5 to 2% cash back across the board card, a card with nice cash back on groceries & gas, and the Amazon store card. (I'm not even going to delude myself that I have a chance with Amazon's Chase card as of yet.) And if Amex were to let me in, I would not say no! 

Right now I'm happily busy gardening my Walmart and Discover cards, so I'm using some self-control...let's see how long it lasts! Cat LOL

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not as LOL/24 as most people on here but I am still 11/24 which is impressive since I have very dirty scorecards (my only approval when TU went up to 706 was PayPal, TU was between 647 and 652 before that) and only one card is a store card. 

Lets see what happens when I have clean reports lol. 

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.