Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the garden and denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Left the garden and denied

Hi All,

I was tempted and gave in to apping for the Savor due to the $500 bonus and for the fact that I do a good amount spending on dining and some entertaining spend. I probably should have done more research on it before apping but at any rate I was denied immediately and they stated they'd send me a letter giving me the reasons. All 3 bureas pulled immediately. 

I already have a Quicksilver with a $6k limit and Venture with a $9k limit. I don't use them very often but I don't carry a balance on them so I figured I'd be ok. Anyway, back to the garden. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Left the garden and denied

Sorry about the denial. 

How many new accounts in the past 24 months? 

Did you have a prequal for the card?

With Cap if it’s not prequal, I won’t bother trying because 3 HPs is brutal. 

Message 2 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

While three HPs are unpleasant, a lot of major issuers will frequently pull two, and SP third one. At least Cap1 is consistent. 

Not that much difference really.

Sorry about the denial, OP.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not have a prequalification, went in cold.

I am LOL/24.

A bit embarassed to say this but I have 15 cc's in 24 months (4 of those are AUs). 

Time to put on the brakes and garden to get those CLIs. I have a wide range of cc's at this point and have actually closed a number of cards as well. 

Message 4 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am LOL/24.

A bit embarassed to say this but I have 15 cc's in 24 months (4 of those are AUs). 

Time to put on the brakes and garden to get those CLIs. I have a wide range of cc's at this point and have actually closed a number of cards as well. 

Sounds like a plan. Let it cool down a bit and you'll be fine. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

I appreciate the support from you all. I really enjoy hearing about everyone's experiences as well!

Message 6 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I appreciate the support from you all. I really enjoy hearing about everyone's experiences as well!

Between October and November 2017, I added 9 accounts ( I know). At least three of them were completely useless, kinda like " did I shave for this" deal. Those are now closed. 😐

Did a 13 month stretch  in naughty garden chair. That seemd sufficient for the next round, except this time with a whole lot less cray cray. 

Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Between October and November 2017, I added 9 accounts ( I know). At least three of them were completely useless, kinda like " did I shave for this" deal. Those are now closed. 😐

Did a 13 month stretch  in naughty garden chair. That seemd sufficient for the next round, except this time with a whole lot less cray cray. 

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am LOL/24.

It’s been rumored that Cap has a 4/24 policy on their prime cards. I checked prequals the other night and I only was offered the QS1. I have 11 new revolving accounts in 24 months with no AU cards. 

Definitely parked in the garden for awhile. I checked US Bank, Amex, Cap, Citi, Comenity, Home Depot (Citi), and Chase (for LOLs) and I only hit on QS1 and IKEA Projekt (Comenity). 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.