cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Tree claims to BOOST Approval at Citi??? By taking a test?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lending Tree claims to BOOST Approval at Citi??? By taking a test?

I had turn to a Email that I received from lendingtree looking to consolidate or maybe even look in to getting a 36 month lone to pay off 4 CC I had got into trouble with. Now mind you I was not behind in any of them I was paying over the amount due but the APR between the 4 cards were killing me. So I was looking to lendingtree for about $7000 in help. Well after going to there website and seeing that filling out there form would have no ill affect on my credit till I except a offer I decided to bite the bullet and fill out there form and see what happens. Well 2 day later I got offers that I never accepted but I also got the biggest surprise of my life. My credit score went from EX 650 - TU 635 down to 582 - 594. And when I call lendingtree and ask why that would happen if there website states it will not affect my credit. And I have not applied for any new cards or have not been using the cards I have. The only thing I have done is with lendingtree why they would affect my credit like that. The person I was on the phone with actually got upset with me and hung up. So my point is be weary on what you do with lendingtree they might help some but for me they might have made matter's worse if I wanted to get a loan my score is now really in the trash.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the person who applied and was denied mind sharing your experian/equifax fico score? Thanks!
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last time I checked which was about 3 weeks ago; my Transunion fico score was 656, my Experian fico score was 660, and my Equifax fico score was 662. I have no lates, no collections, no bankruptcy, no negatives on my credit report at all. My utilization was and should still be at 32%. I don’t know if my students loans factored into their decision because that’s about $50,000 and I make less than that per year. Also, I do have a lot of inquires on each report. I just started gardening until 2020 so I thought I would give it a try and report to you guys how it came out. I honestly didn’t expect they would approve me because my scores are low. They haven’t told me the reason for the denial yet. If I had to guest I would say the 5/24 rule. That was the only reason Chase had given me when I applied for one of their cards recently. I would say that if someone has a better credit profile they can give it a try. But honestly, I dont think it matters. I feel like it was just a way to get people to apply for a card with them.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.