Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lfcu flaged me as fraud!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lfcu flaged me as fraud!

I applied for a credit card at langley credit union & got instantly approved for $15,000 at 10.5% apr! the next day i get a phone call that upper management had reviewed my account and decided it was fraud because i had too many recent applications bla bla... ,the rep told me i must go to one of there branches in person to verify my identity (6 hour drive ,1 1/2 hour plane) what should i do?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lfcu flaged me as fraud!

they may not be able to verify it with documents i think in this situation you have to go into the bank in person or they will shut that card down

Message 2 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ugh that stinks.. Offer video conference option?

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Ugh that stinks.. Offer video conference option?

it stinks big time! at lest i was happy for a few hours... i doubt they will accept video conference..

mabey a affidavit will help?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take a day off work and make that drive.  $15,000 is a nice limit.  The only problem is does it make you look desperate to be willing to drive that round trip?  Might appear you need big money fast.  You could get the card and not go spend happy with it for a few weeks.

I drove 22 hours once to deliver a cadaver for a funeral home and only got paid $250.

Message 5 of 18
Kree
Established Contributor

Call the branch and ask if you can mail in notarized photo copies.

Message 6 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It may largely depend on how much you need the account? If you do, and no other alternatives are available to confirm your identity, then visit the nearest branch.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask them to withdraw your hard pull for the credit. send it to them via email or certified mail.

Message 8 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous - The OP legitimately applied for their credit card product, why would there be such a suggestion in "withdrawing" the HP? This isn't a case of mistaken identity or Langley submitting or processing something in error.

If applying for a product that is not within the immediate footprint of a potential customer then folks need to bear the risk of additional verification scrutiny in some cases that could have similar results as shared by the OP.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That begs the question what made them think it was fraudulent app in the first place. Langley is accusing OP with fraud per OP post. I couldn't take the matter lightly
It's my story with SDFCU in one of my posts here (SDFCU getting weirder & weirder post).
Check re check re verify all agree if I don't get my card I at least deserve a withdrawal of my hard pull.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.