Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lfcu flaged me as fraud!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lfcu flaged me as fraud!

@Anonymous wrote:
That begs the question what made them think it was fraudulent app in the first place. Langley is accusing OP with fraud per OP post. I couldn't take the matter lightly
It's my story with SDFCU in one of my posts here (SDFCU getting weirder & weirder post).
Check re check re verify all agree if I don't get my card I at least deserve a withdrawal of my hard pull.

Lenders of all flavors will have their own internal risk and fraud detection algorithms.  And, admittedly, the OP had either a number of inquiries (or new accounts) that may have required a 2nd review of the application.  Langley has done this in the past so it's nothing new.  If the OP cannot be verified by the means that are provided by the lender then it is what it is.  The CU isn't going to take a loss.  Thus, the HP is legitimate and the OP or CU can find an alternative solution to be verified.  Had Langley made an error during the processing of the application then it's up to them to either re-code or remove the inquiry.  There was no error by what the OP shared.

Given the rise of recent data breaches most financial institutions are simply adjusting their risk and fraud detection algorithms, plain and simple.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a credit card at langley credit union & got instantly approved for $15,000 at 10.5% apr! the next day i get a phone call that upper management had reviewed my account and decided it was fraud.

OP is ACCUSED of FRAUD.

If it were me, i dont take it lightly. Langley can do whatever it wants, say you are approved and then tell OP no U r Not. Sorry. But to Point Finger At ME accusing me i committed a FRAUD to my FACE.....geezzzzzz...man... i would be up in arms and BARK....at Langley whoever i get my hands at from Langley.

Message 12 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a credit card at langley credit union & got instantly approved for $15,000 at 10.5% apr! the next day i get a phone call that upper management had reviewed my account and decided it was fraud.

OP is ACCUSED of FRAUD.

If it were me, i dont take it lightly. Langley can do whatever it wants, say you are approved and then tell OP no U r Not. Sorry. But to Point Finger At ME accusing me i committed a FRAUD to my FACE.....geezzzzzz...man... i would be up in arms and BARK....at Langley whoever i get my hands at from Langley.

Neither of us were present in that conversation to ascertain the exact interaction held by the OP or Langley.  Having said that, Langley reserves the right to perform any additional verification if required, those are their rules, not mine or yours.

It sounds like you would take things personally based on your reply whereby at the end of the day it's a business and/or risk decision on their part.  Moreover, the OP (or anyone learning on these forums) can do their part in learning ahead of time about any anecdotal information regarding specific UW restrictions with said CU to avoid potential headaches (doing homework hurts no one).  Plus, as I mentioned earlier, certain CUs can be very skittish, especially if a potential customer is applying outside of their established footprint area (Langley is an example) when it comes to POI, verification, account set up, etc.  

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Langley is the GIVER and Langley is the PULLER. OP here is ?????????? SINNER..in my mind. he committed FRAUD.

Best Option OP is left with is to ease his own suffering and have something for himself/herself.

Given the situation, the only thing the OP can actually win here on is having his/her Hard Pull rescinded.

Atleast its something to call it a WIN on part of the OP.

If he cant even win there, geezz.. all hell breaks loose for him/her. its a DECLINE and a Hard Pull Counts.

Langley can do whatever it deems righteous.

OP loses a good credit line, an HP and gets accused of FRAUD.....vow..

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I was in this situation I would drive the 6.5 hours and I would have my Social Security Card, Driver's License, Passport, several utility bills and some bank statements (all originals when possible).  I might even have a swab in case they needed my DNA.  Okay, maybe not the swab.  The point is I would clear my name.  We fight too hard for good credit only to lose it in a moment over a misunderstanding.

OP, I hope you're able to work it out in your favor.  Please keep us posted as to what you decide to do and the results.

Message 15 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

No way in heck would I drive or fly for the card.. Although everyones credit profile and needs are different.  Langley is known around at least this forum not to persay like MF type of people meaning people with alot of credit, etc..  So OP's call if worth it.

Message 16 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Take a day off work and make that drive.  $15,000 is a nice limit.  The only problem is does it make you look desperate to be willing to drive that round trip?  Might appear you need big money fast.  You could get the card and not go spend happy with it for a few weeks.

I drove 22 hours once to deliver a cadaver for a funeral home and only got paid $250.

They would have paid you double to deliver it to a bachlor party

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 17 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP is ACCUSED of FRAUD.

/tosses Gits a raw steak  ..... Down boy, down

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.