cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time lurker question about NFCU overaft and not sure what to do with it

tag
akaveani

Long time lurker question about NFCU overaft and not sure what to do with it

I just goot abbrove for $500 in overdraft protection FCU. The probloem I fast is I howuld to astablish a relationship with FCU but not sure how to begin the process. MYFICO prows do you tink my overdaftproctinon will get my my foot in the door. This wi\ould be a dream go true. . HOW CANN i GROW IF POSSIBLE. ThAnk you for your time And patience., a A DATA point I have several medical bil after the deaath of my soon. the collateraol damage stil linkersl. Again that you for your time and for listening. 

Debra 

3 REPLIES 3
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Long time lurker question about NFCU overaft and not sure what to do with it

Can you please explain what you are trying to say?
Which FCU are you referring to - Navy ?
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Long time lurker question about NFCU overaft and not sure what to do with it

I'll have to come back and read this after a cup of coffee.
Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'm going to take a stab at this. It sounds as if you have a NFCU checking account with a $500 overdraft protection and want to know how it works. NFCU has two overdraft accounts. The first one -- let's say you have $225 in your checking account and write a check for $300. You will be automatically advanced $75 to cover the check. The $75 is an advance, which is treated as a loan with interest and is known as a checking line of credit (CLOC). The second one another type of NFCU overdraft protection. It is called an OOPS account. This one will advance you up to $500 but must be paid back within 30 days and is extremely expensive to use because it charges $20 every time you use it.

Hope this helps. And in order for more MyFICOers to help you, just proof what you type before posting.

Good luck.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.